Out of all the fast food chain restaurants, I believe that McDonald’s was the first one that I had ate at when I was young! And, that was only because I began to work there when I was 16 years old! “How to Reheat McDonald’s French Fries: The Best Guide”
I know, can you believe I was 16 before I ate at a McDonald’s Restaurants?!?!?!?
My kids knew what the “Golden Arches” were before they were able to talk, LOL! Who can resist putting a smile on their kid’s faces by getting them a happy meal, filled with McDonalds burger, small fries, and soft drinks or any fountain beverages?
Plus, now there are McDonald’s not only in the United States, but everywhere. For example, there are 1,270 McDonalds in the United Kingdom alone!
And, there is a McDonald’s app that you can download on to your smart phone. The app download has all the current menu prices.
So, back to our topic! Next time that you go to McDonald’s and you have leftover french fries (we NEVER do) but if y’all do, here are some great ways to reheat those famous fries!
How can I reheat my leftover fries?
- Toaster oven
- Deep fryer
- Convection oven
- Air frying
- Frying pan (I believe this is a GREAT way to reheat fries back to that crispy texture and the best taste!)
- Conventional oven
- Microwave (a better option if you like french fries on the softer side)
Everyone claims the best way to reheat french fries, so I will try to give the positive and negative points for each method. The best method is to reheat fries in a toaster oven or in a conventional oven for crispy fries and not soggy fries:
1. Reheating Mcdonalds fries in a toaster oven. BLACK+DECKER 4-Slice EvenToast Toaster Oven, Bake, Broil, Toast, Keep Warm
For the best results of cooking leftover McDonald’s fries in a toaster oven:
- preheat your toaster oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit
- place the cold fries in a single layer on a baking sheet
- lightly spray or spritz your fries with a little olive oil, canola oil, vegetable oil or any cooking spray
- cook for 1-2 minutes
- turn over and cook for at least another minute
2. Reheating fast food fries in a deep fryer. Presto 05420 FryDaddy Electric Deep Fryer,Black
Directions for reheating leftover french fries in a deep fryer:
- Turn your deep fryer to 350 degrees f – 400 degrees f.
- Place your room temperature McDonalds french fries into the deep fryer basket
- Once the oil is completely hot lower the basket into the oil
- For delicious fries cook 2-3 minutes
- Lift basket up and drain the extra oil
- Place french fries on to paper towels to absorb the excess oil
3. How to cook leftover McDonald’s french fries in a convection oven. BLACK+DECKER 4-Slice Toaster Oven with Natural Convection, Bake, Broil, Toast, Keep Warm
- Preheat your convection oven to 400 degrees f.
- Add cold french fries to a baking tray or crisper tray
- Spray a little oil on the leftover fries
- Cooking time can vary a minute or 2
- Bake for 2-3 minutes
4. How to reheat french fries from fast food restaurants in an Air fryer. Instant Essentials 4QT Air Fryer Oven, From the Makers of Instant Pot with EvenCrisp Technology, Nonstick and Dishwasher-Safe Basket, Fast Cooking, Easy-to-Use, Includes Free App with over 100 Recipes
Simple steps to perfect fries with a crispy texture:
- Choose a medium-high heat or a high temperature of 400 degrees f.
- Add cold french fries to the air fryer basket
- Spray a thin layer of oil on the leftover fries
- Cooking time can vary a minute or 2
- Bake for 2-3 minutes
EASY-TO-USE: Featuring 2 simple dials for time and temperature, making operating this air fryer so convenient!
- EvenCrisp TECHNOLOGY: Advanced technology that drives air flow top down for a perfect golden finish and crispy, tender results every time!
- EASY CLEAN-UP: Non-stick, dishwasher safe air fry basket and tray
- FAST HEATING: Little to no preheating time, from frozen to golden in minutes! Create gourmet meals with the versatility of a temperature range of 170 to 400° F
- PERFECT SIZE: 4 Quart basket easily fits 1.5 lb. of French fries or 2.5 lb. of chicken.
5. Reheat next day old fries in a frying pan. Lodge 10.25 Inch Cast Iron Pre-Seasoned Skillet – Signature Teardrop Handle – Use in the Oven, on the Stove, on the Grill, or Over a Campfire, Black
The good news is that you can have fresh fries by reheating them in a non-stick pan. You can also cook hash browns or steak fries in a non-stick pan too. Here are some simple steps for the perfect fries with a crunchy texture:
- Place a non stick pan over medium heat
- Add enough oil to cover the french fries into the pan
- For great results, choose an oil that has a high smoking point, like a vegetable oil
- Begin to heat the oil
- Once the oil is hot add the french fries to the oil
- This will take only 20-30 seconds of frying
- Take a spatula and remove the french fries and place them on to paper towels
6. Can I reheat leftover french fries in a Conventional oven or also called a regular oven?
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees f
- Take baking sheet or baking pan and place a sheet of aluminum foil or parchment paper on it for easy clean-up!
- Place french fries in a single layer onto the cookie sheet
- Spray fries with a little bit of oil
- Bake for 2-3 minutes or until fries are brown
- Add some extra flavor by adding some seasoning salt
7. Can I reheat leftover french fries in a microwave? The microwave method:
- Place cold french fries onto a microwave-safe plate
- Lay a damp paper towel over the french fries
- Microwave for approximately 30 seconds or until warm
The microwave is an ideal method to reheat any type of fries, because it is easy and fast. Out of all the different methods of reheating fries, the best option for crispy fries is the frying pan method.
So, give the different ways of reheating fries a try.
What can I serve with leftover McDonald’s french fries?
- McDonald’s chicken nuggets
- McDonald’s burger
- Any McDonald’s food
- Turkey or Ham Sandwich
- Hamburger patty
- Make chili cheese fries
What can condiments go on french fries?
- barbecue sauce
- ranch dressing
- chocolate shake, LOL
McDonald’s Q & A!
What is a McDonald’s hack? While searching the internet I found a lot of different hacks to save money or to get fresher food. My favorite hack was to ask for salt free french fries. This way to insure the freshest fries, because they will have to make a new batch for you and then you can add the salt later. Great Idea!!
Another hack, how to get a Big Mac for half the price! Order a McDouble or double cheeseburgers without ketchup or mustard and ask for Big Mac sauce on your McDouble.
One more hack, LOL! Never buy a 10 piece McNugget for $4.69, when a 20 piece McNugget is $6.19. So, for $1.50 more you get 10 more McNuggets!
Does the Food Drug Administration regulate McDonald’s? All restaurants are required to follow U.S. food drug administration standards.
They can cater to individual needs and special dietary needs of certain food items, for example, you can order your french fries without salt for those on a low sodium diet.
I hope that I have answered for you all the many questions that have been asked. McDonald’s great care for customer demand and it’s great-tasting menu items are keeping the supply chain and food suppliers busy, busy!