I have added a “Twist” to our Keto Chocolate Fudge Cake! Therefore, since I am from the great State of Oklahoma I added Okie Twister to the name of this cake. As if my Keto Chocolate Fudge cake couldn’t be any better, I have added, pecans and toasted unsweetened coconut!!! Get creative, add different nuts, add sugar free white or chocolate chips or add a whipped topping!!!
The cake recipe for this Keto Okie Twister Cake is my Keto Chocolate Fudge Cake which is keto, low carb, sugar free and gluten free. For instance, this cake has both almond flour and coconut flour, but without a coconut taste to add moisture. I believe for a keto cake it is actually moist and not too dry. Sometimes, with almond flour a cake or biscuit can be gritty like a cornbread texture, but this mixture of almond flour and coconut flour is just perfect.
The sweetener in this Keto Okie Twister Chocolate Cake is Pyure. Pyure is a stevia blend and I actually believe that it tastes like sugar. I purchase my Pyure at Wal-mart. However, Pyure comes in 2 forms, granular and confectioners. For this recipe, the granular is what I have chosen.
Keto Okie Twister Chocolate Cake Ingredients (scroll down for printable recipe)
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- Pyure sweetener or sweetener of your choice
- baking soda
- baking powder
- coconut oil
- sugar free chocolate chips of your choice
The frosting on this cake is quick and easy. The recipe calls for sugar free chocolate chips. However, I have found a couple different brands of sugar free chocolate chips. Some have aspartame and one is made with stevia.
To make the frosting you will melt the chocolate chips and butter in a glass bowl. After the chocolate chips and butter are melted then add the vanilla and Pyure. Then, place the bowl into the refrigerator and the mixture will firm up. This usually takes 20 to 30 minutes. But, once the mixture is firm, take a hand mixer and beat until fluffy. The frosting is then ready to spread on top of a cooled cake. (scroll down for printable recipe)
- 1/4 + 1/8 cup almond flour
- 1/4 + 1/8 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Pyure granular sweetener
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 + 1/2 sticks of butter
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 1/8 cup Pyure
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup of pecans
- 1/4 cup toasted unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, mix the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix your coconut oil, eggs, vanilla and water. Mix well.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a well greased 8x8 pan.
- Cook on 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Set cake aside to cool.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate chips.
- Add Pyure and vanilla. Stir well.
- Place bowl into the refrigerator and leave until the chocolate chips and butter are almost solid. This takes approx. 20 minutes.
- Once the chocolate chips and butter are solid beat with a hand mixer until the chips/butter are fluffy and looks like frosting.
- Frost the cooled cake.
- Add toppings.
- To toast the unsweetened coconut, place coconut onto a cookie sheet at 350 degrees and do not leave because it will brown very quickly.
Serving size 2x2 square: 198 calories, 13g fat, 5 net carbs
Try Our Other Keto Desserts:
Try Our Keto Breads:
Directions (scroll up for printable version)
- 1/4 C + 1/8 C Almond Flour
- 1/4 C + 1/8 C Coconut Flour
- 1/3 C Pyure Sweetner
- 1/3 C Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/3 C Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Eggs
- 2/3 C Water
- 3/4 C (1 & 1/2 sticks) Butter
- 1 C Sugar Free Chocolate Chips
- 2 tsp Vanilla
- 1/8 C Pyure
- plus 1/4 c of Pecans or nuts of your choice
- and 1/4 c of toasted unsweetened coconut
- and 1/4 c sugar free chocolate chips or sugar free white chips or both (optional)
- 1/4 c sugar free caramel sauce (optional)
This recipe makes an 8×8 cake pan.
Start by mixing all the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetner, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
In a separate bowl, mix your coconut oil, eggs, vanilla and water. Make sure to beat it well.
Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet and mix well.
Pour Mixture into a well greased 8×8 pan.
Cook on 350 F for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
Set cake aside and let cool.
In a microwave safe bowl, melt your butter. Add chocolate chips and stir until melted.
Add Pyure and Vanilla and stir well. Place in the fridge until it is almost solid again. Once it is set, beat it with a hand mixer until light and fluffy.
Frost the cooled cake.
Add toppings, pecans and toasted unsweetened coconut. To toast coconut place on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees and DON’T LEAVE IT, lol, because it’ll brown very quickly.