My newest recipe is so delicious! This Keto Cheesy Broccoli chicken recipe is such an amazing keto dinner or lunch. I always cook extra for meal prepping, plus this recipe can make 8 servings, so I have plenty to freeze for later 🙂
This Keto Cheesy Broccoli Chicken is a VERY simple recipe! It has only a few ingredients, plus 2-3 net carbs depending on if you serve 6 servings or 8 servings.
Not only is this recipe simple it takes just 1 pan and takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish!
But, before we talk about this recipe, let’s learn more about the keto diet, because it is much more than eating a lot of BACON, LOL!
What is the Keto Diet?
The ketogenic diet focuses on high fat, low carb foods like eggs, meats, dairy, and low carb vegetables. Also, it consists of food that are sugar free and gluten free. A lot of individuals believe it is just a lot of protein, like a lot of bacon, but it is more than just eating a lot of bacon. It is limiting carb consumption to around 20 to 50 grams per day and filling up on fats, such as meat, fish, eggs, nuts, and healthy oils.
Low Carb – Meat, Poultry & Eggs
Low Carb – Fish and Shellfish
- Salmon (wild)
Low Carb – Cheese and Dairy
- Bleu cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Cream cheese
- Goat cheese
- Greek yogurt (plain)
- Mozzarella (whole milk)
Low Carb Fruit
Low Carb – Vegetables & Net Carb Count
- Asparagus: 1g
- Spinach: 2g
- Swiss Chard: 2g
- Celery: 2g
- Lettuce: 2g
- Avocado (technically a fruit): 2g
- Cabbage: 3g
- Green Olives: 3g
- Cucumber: 3g
- Cauliflower: 3g
- Zucchini: 3g
- Tomato: 3g
- Green Pepper: 3g
- Red Pepper: 4g
- Broccoli: 4g
- Brussels Sprouts: 5g
- Green Beans: 5g
Low Carb Oils and Healthy Fats
- Avocado oil
- Coconut butter
- Coconut oil
- Mayonnaise (with no added sugar)
- MCT oil
- Olive oil
- Safflower oil
- Sesame oil
- Walnut oil
Low Carb – Nuts and Seeds
- Brazil nuts
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Macadamia nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
Foods to Avoid on the Keto Diet
- Grains, biscuits, rolls, tortillas, pancakes, or waffles
- Starchy vegetables, i.e. corn, potatoes, yams, or sweet peas
- high sugar fruit: oranges, apples, watermelons, cantaloupe, grapes, or pineapples
- Sweetened yogurt.
- Juices, i.e. orange juice, grape juice, pineapple juice, or apple juice
- Honey, syrup or sugar in any form, maple syrup, or pancake syrup
- Chips, crackers, or cereals.
- Baked goods including gluten-free baked goods, cakes, cookies, or donuts.
- White rice, brown rice, or pasta
Ingredients for Keto Cheesy Broccoli Chicken (scroll down for printable recipe)
- olive oil, coconut oil, or butter (your choice)
- chicken breast
- broccoli florets
- shredded cheese (any kind)
- salt and black pepper (optional)
Try Different Meat or Cheeses!
- roast beef
- sharp cheddar
- pepper jack
- monterey jack
- parmesan cheese
- freeze individual leftovers for easy meal prep
- saute some onions in a skillet before adding the chicken
- saute bell peppers in a skillet before adding the chicken
Can chicken is always an easy option, but there are other chicken options as well. Usually, I have in my freezer is the already cooked grilled chicken strips and those are also delicious in this recipe.
Also, differents types of veggies can be added to this meal. Local supermarkets have a variety of frozen stir fry for easy meals like this one.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 - 12.5oz cans of chicken breast
- 2 lb bag of broccoli florets
- 2 cups shredded cheese (any kind)
- 1 tsp salt (optional)
- 1 tsp black pepper (optional)
- Add olive oil to a medium size pan and place on medium heat
- Add chicken breast and stir
- Add broccoli florets and cover with lid
- Simmer 15 minutes until broccoli is tender
- Add shredded cheese and cover with lid
- Simmer until cheese is melted the way you like it.
6-8 servings has 2-3 net carbs per serving
Try Some of Our Other Keto Recipes!
Keto Dessert Recipes:
Delicious Keto Fudge Chocolate Cake