* Zero Net Carbs *Only 3 ingredients in these Keto Deviled Eggs
On the Keto diet – eggs are a must have! Usually, I have eggs every morning for breakfast. Sometimes I may just scramble my eggs and add a little meat like sausage or bacon. I like to add scramble eggs to a low carb tortilla, plus a little salsa and have an egg burrito. Fried Eggs are my favorite with a piece of bacon or sausage and sometimes a slice of low carb toast. But, I needed something new, so I made Keto Deviled Eggs.
There are so many ways to fix eggs. Eggs can be for breakfast, a snack, lunch or dinner. There is never a wrong time to eat eggs. OH! Let’s not forget about EGG MUFFINS! Here are some recipes for different egg muffins that I have made over the past few years.
Egg Muffin Recipes!
But, before we talk about this recipe, let’s learn more about the keto diet, because it is much more than eating a lot of BACON, LOL!
What is the Keto Diet?
The ketogenic diet focuses on high fat, low carb foods like eggs, meats, dairy, and low carb vegetables. Also, it consists of food that are sugar free and gluten free. A lot of individuals believe it is just a lot of protein, like a lot of bacon, but it is more than just eating a lot of bacon. It is limiting carb consumption to around 20 to 50 grams per day and filling up on fats, such as meat, fish, eggs, nuts, and healthy oils.
Low Carb – Meat, Poultry & Eggs
Low Carb – Fish and Shellfish
- Salmon (wild)
Low Carb – Cheese and Dairy
- Bleu cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Cream cheese
- Goat cheese
- Greek yogurt (plain)
- Mozzarella (whole milk)
Low Carb Fruit
Low Carb – Vegetables & Net Carb Count
- Asparagus: 1g
- Spinach: 2g
- Swiss Chard: 2g
- Celery: 2g
- Lettuce: 2g
- Avocado (technically a fruit): 2g
- Cabbage: 3g
- Green Olives: 3g
- Cucumber: 3g
- Cauliflower: 3g
- Zucchini: 3g
- Tomato: 3g
- Green Pepper: 3g
- Red Pepper: 4g
- Broccoli: 4g
- Brussels Sprouts: 5g
- Green Beans: 5g
Low Carb Oils and Healthy Fats
- Avocado oil
- Coconut butter
- Coconut oil
- Mayonnaise (with no added sugar)
- MCT oil
- Olive oil
- Safflower oil
- Sesame oil
- Walnut oil
Low Carb – Nuts and Seeds
- Brazil nuts
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Macadamia nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
Foods to Avoid on the Keto Diet
- Grains, biscuits, rolls, tortillas, pancakes, or waffles
- Starchy vegetables, i.e. corn, potatoes, yams, or sweet peas
- high sugar fruit: oranges, apples, watermelons, cantaloupe, grapes, or pineapples
- Sweetened yogurt.
- Juices, i.e. orange juice, grape juice, pineapple juice, or apple juice
- Honey, syrup or sugar in any form, maple syrup, or pancake syrup
- Chips, crackers, or cereals.
- Baked goods including gluten-free baked goods, cakes, cookies, or donuts.
- White rice, brown rice, or pasta
Keto Deviled Eggs Ingredients: (scroll down for full recipe)
- boiled eggs
- yellow mustard
- dill relish or sweet relish if your not keto
- salt & black pepper (optional)
Place eggs in a pan of water and boil for 15 minutes. Once the eggs are cooled down remove the shells. Cut each boiled egg in half and scoop out the yolk and place the yolk into a bowl.
Take a fork and smash the egg yolks.
Add yellow mustard and dill relish to the egg yolks and mix together. Optional salt and black pepper to taste.
Spoon egg mixture into the egg halves and serve.
- 3 boiled eggs
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp dill relish or sweet relish if not Keto
- salt and black pepper (optional)
1. Place eggs into a pan and fill water over the top of eggs. Turn on high heat and once water begins to boil, let it boil for 15 minutes.
2. Take pan and place into an empty sink and run cold water over the eggs and allow eggs to cool completely before peeling the shells off of the eggs.
3. Once the eggs are shelled, take a knife and cut the boiled eggs in half and scoop out the yolk.
4. Place the egg yolks into a bowl and add the yellow mustard and dill relish to the bowl. Optional salt and black pepper to taste.
5. Mix well and spoon into the egg halves. Serve or place into the refrigerator.
Try Some of Our Other Keto Recipes!
PLUS, Keto Dessert Recipes!!
- Easy Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- No bake Keto Peanut butter Pie Cupcakes
- Keto Chocolate Caramel Pecan Clusters