Be sure and pin this recipe to your Pinterest boards Here to save for later.
This Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe has become a favorite of mine. Who wouldn’t love a dessert recipe that is Keto, sugar free, gluten free, diabetic friendly, one and all the above. 🙂
I have been Keto only a few months and I crave sweets. And, to be able to eat a chocolate chip cookie and not feel guilty is wonderful.
This Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies recipe calls for real butter, almond flour and a sugar substitute, to name a few ingredients that might be different from a sugary chocolate chip cookie recipe. A bonus is this is one of my dessert recipes that has kept me from cheating and eating real sugar. 🙂
Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies Ingredient:
- Almond Flour
- Baking Soda
- Pyure sweetner or Splenda/Stevia
- Sugar free Chocolate Chips
- Coconut Oil
- Butter (melted)
I chose a sugar substitute called Pyure, it is a Stevia blend and has the texture of real sugar.
Other sugar substitute will work. The sugar substitute that is above is a granular texture. So, choose a substitute that is granular and not confectioners. A confectioners might work, but I have not tested it with this recipe. If you would like to try the confectioner, then you could cut the recipe in half and try it. It possibly could work and taste great.
Also, I know that there are liquid sugar substitutes and you could also try those and see how they turn out. If in the future I try a different sweetener, then I’ll come back and add my results to this post.
And, as regarding the sugar free chocolate chips, there are a variety of sugar free chocolate chips. Usually, I bake with Hershey’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips and that is because that is what my local supermarket sells. Lilly’s Sugar Free chocolate Chips is another great option if your local supermarket has them in stock.
And, there may be other brands coming out soon. Some of the sugar free chocolate chips have aspartame and some have stevia, so it is just your preference on which ones that you add to your recipe.
Other Keto Dessert Recipes:
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup Pyure sweetener or sweetener of your choice
- 1 1/4 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup coconut oil (melted)
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In separate bowls melt the butter and melt the coconut oil
- After the butter and oil have cooled a little mix them together and add the sweetener, vanilla and eggs
- In a separate bowl, mix the almond flour, baking soda and salt. Take a fork and break up the clumps in the almond flour
- Mix the wet and dry mixtures together and mix well
- Fold in the sugar free chocolate chips
- Place a tablespoon of the cookie dough onto a greased pan about 1 inch apart
- Bake for approximately 11-13 minutes, until the edges begin to brown
- Carefully take a spatula and move the cookies to foil or parchment paper. The cookies will be soft, but will harden as they cool.
Approx. 36-40 cookies. Net carb of 2.58 per cookie