Are y’all looking for a Keto bread that is delicious? Do I have a recipe for you! These Keto Low Carb Cheddar Garlic Biscuits are the best that I have ever tasted!
They are keto, low carb, gluten free and sugar free. The melted garlic butter over the top of the these biscuits is so yummy, plus it’s more of our healthy fats that we need on the Keto diet.
But, I’ll have to tell on myself, lol. I’ve been making these biscuits for over a year, but my hubby was taking me to that famous place that sells lobster. I told myself that I wouldn’t eat one of their biscuits, but I did! Oh my! I was so surprised, because they didn’t taste anything as good as these Keto Low Carb Cheddar Garlic biscuits!
I was astonished, because I had loved those “famous biscuits” BUT mine were better!!!! Plus, my biscuits were KETO, low carb, gluten free and sugar free. I’ll never be tempted by those “famous biscuits” again! And, you won’t be either after you try this Keto Low Carb Cheddar Garlic Biscuits recipe!
PIN this recipe to Pinterest to save for later
LIKE us on Facebook to never miss a recipe
But, before we talk about this recipe, let’s learn more about the keto diet, because it is much more than eating a lot of BACON, LOL!
What is the Keto Diet?
The ketogenic diet focuses on high fat, low carb foods like eggs, meats, dairy, and low carb vegetables. Also, it consists of food that are sugar free and gluten free. A lot of individuals believe it is just a lot of protein, like a lot of bacon, but it is more than just eating a lot of bacon. It is limiting carb consumption to around 20 to 50 grams per day and filling up on fats, such as meat, fish, eggs, nuts, and healthy oils.
Low Carb – Meat, Poultry & Eggs
Low Carb – Fish and Shellfish
- Salmon (wild)
Low Carb – Cheese and Dairy
- Bleu cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Cream cheese
- Goat cheese
- Greek yogurt (plain)
- Mozzarella (whole milk)
Low Carb Fruit
Low Carb – Vegetables & Net Carb Count
- Asparagus: 1g
- Spinach: 2g
- Swiss Chard: 2g
- Celery: 2g
- Lettuce: 2g
- Avocado (technically a fruit): 2g
- Cabbage: 3g
- Green Olives: 3g
- Cucumber: 3g
- Cauliflower: 3g
- Zucchini: 3g
- Tomato: 3g
- Green Pepper: 3g
- Red Pepper: 4g
- Broccoli: 4g
- Brussels Sprouts: 5g
- Green Beans: 5g
Low Carb Oils and Healthy Fats
- Avocado oil
- Coconut butter
- Coconut oil
- Mayonnaise (with no added sugar)
- MCT oil
- Olive oil
- Safflower oil
- Sesame oil
- Walnut oil
Low Carb – Nuts and Seeds
- Brazil nuts
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Macadamia nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
Foods to Avoid on the Keto Diet
- Grains, biscuits, rolls, tortillas, pancakes, or waffles
- Starchy vegetables, i.e. corn, potatoes, yams, or sweet peas
- high sugar fruit: oranges, apples, watermelons, cantaloupe, grapes, or pineapples
- Sweetened yogurt.
- Juices, i.e. orange juice, grape juice, pineapple juice, or apple juice
- Honey, syrup or sugar in any form, maple syrup, or pancake syrup
- Chips, crackers, or cereals.
- Baked goods including gluten-free baked goods, cakes, cookies, or donuts.
- White rice, brown rice, or pasta
Keto Low Carb Cheddar Garlic Biscuits Ingredients:
- Almond flour
- Baking Powder
- Sour Cream
- Garlic Powder
After you have mixed all of your ingredients, then you are ready to spoon the batter into muffin tins. The reason to use muffin tins or a muffin pan is because the batter will spread out flat and you don’t want flat biscuits. This biscuit batter does rise a little, but not a lot, so fill your muffin tins or your muffin pan about 2/3 full. And, my favorite, favorite part of these Keto Low Carb Cheddar Garlic Biscuits is the melted garlic butter that I pour over the top. The garlic butter is very simple to make, all you need to do is melt the butter and sprinkle in the garlic powder and mix. Then, you are ready to spoon or pour over the top of each biscuit.
If ya’ll need to save on time, like I do, I bake a few batches, freeze and then thaw biscuits as I need them. They freeze great! Plus, these biscuits are a must have to have on hand at all times.
Other Keto Bread Recipes:
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 tbsp butter melted
- 1/3 cup shredded cheese (any flavor)
Garlic Butter Topping
- 1 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Combine almond flour, salt, and baking powder
- In separate bowl, combine eggs, sour cream, and butter (melted)
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, whisk then add shredded cheese
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, fill approx. 2/3 full
- Bake approx. 14-16 minutes or until golden brown
- Combine melted butter and garlic powder
- Drizzle garlic butter over top of each biscuit.
Makes 10 biscuits: each biscuit: 149 calories, 12.6g fat, 0.7 net carbs
Try Some Of Our Keto Desserts:
Sweet Keto Cherry Cupcakes