Who loves lemon? These Keto Lemon Shortbread Cookies are amazing! I have always loved anything lemon. Before I began this Keto or Low Carb lifestyle I would go to the Hostess store and buy lemon fried pies, not even realizing how much sugar that they had in just one pie.
So, now that I try and stay away from sugar, I was wanting something sweet and I thought what about making some cookies. I looked in my cabinet and I had a big variety of extracts.
And since lemon is my favorite I baked these cookies and loved the lemon taste. Of course, fresh lemon could replace the lemon extract, but I promise you the taste is not as “lemony” Just the right amount of lemony goodness.
This Keto Lemon Shortbread Cookies recipe is so easy and simple to make. The recipe calls for only 4 ingredients. Usually, most Keto dieters have 3 of the ingredients on hand most of the time. So, the only ingredient that you may have to purchase would be the lemon extract, which can be found at your local supermarket.
PIN this recipe to Pinterest to save for later
LIKE us on Facebook to never miss any recipes
Keto Lemon Shortbread Cookies Ingredients:
- almond flour
- Pyure sweetener or granular sweetener of your choice
- lemon extract
For this recipe I chose a sugar substitute called Pyure, it is a Stevia blend and has the texture of real sugar.
Other sugar substitute will work. The sugar substitute that is above is a granular texture. So, choose a substitute that is granular and not confectioners. A confectioners might work, but I have not tested it with this recipe. If you would like to try the confectioner, then you could cut the recipe in half and try it. It possibly could work and taste great.
Also, I know that there are liquid sugar substitutes and you could also try those and see how they turn out. If in the future I try a different sweetener, then I’ll come back and add my results to this post.
Try Our Other Keto Desserts:
- 2 1/2 cups almond flour
- 6 tbsp softened butter
- 1/4 cup Pyure sweetener or your choice of granular sweetener
- 1 tsp lemon extract
- With mixer, whip butter and sweetener until light and fluffy.
- Add lemon extract and mix
- Slowly add almond flour while mixing. Will look crumbly, but keep mixing and it will stick together. You can just mix it with your hands and it will go a little faster.
- Place dough in between 2 pieces of wax paper and roll out to about 1/3" to 1/4" thich.
- Using 1 1/2" cookie cutter, cut out cookies and gently place on a greased baking sheet
- Bake on 350 degrees for 12 minutes or until slightly brown around the edges. Cookies will be soft. Let cool completely before removing from the pan.
- Cookies will set up harder after cooling completely.
Each cookie: 65 calories, 6g fat, 0.88 net carbs
- 2 1/2 C Almond Flour
- 6 TBS Softened Butter
- 1/4 C Pyure or your choice of granular sweetener
- 1 tsp Lemon Extract
With mixer, whip butter and sweetner until light and fluffy. Add Lemon extract, mix.
slowly add almond flour while mixing. Will look crumbly but keep mixing and it will stick together. You can just mix it with your hands and it will go a little faster.
Place dough in between 2 pieces of wax paper and roll out to about 1/3” to 1/4” thick.
Using 1 1/2” cookie cutter, cut out cookies and gently place on a grease baking sheet
Bake on 350 F for 12 minutes. Cookies will be soft. Let cool completely before removing from the pan. Cookies will set up after cooling completely.