I’m in love with this keto chocolate fudge cake. I don’t feel like I’m dieting at all, especially when I can have chocolate and cake without all the guilt. The only guilt is when I go back for seconds and with this cake that is hard not to do.
This keto chocolate fudge cake is keto, low carb, sugar free and gluten free. The cake has both almond flour and coconut flour, but without a coconut taste.
I believe for a keto cake it is actually moist and not too dry. Sometimes, with almond flour a cake or biscuit can be gritty like a cornbread texture, but this mixture of almond flour and coconut flour is just perfect.
But, before we talk about this recipe, let’s learn more about the keto diet, because it is much more than eating a lot of BACON, LOL!
What is the Keto Diet?
The ketogenic diet focuses on high fat, low carb foods like eggs, meats, dairy, and low carb vegetables. Also, it consists of food that are sugar free and gluten free. A lot of individuals believe it is just a lot of protein, like a lot of bacon, but it is more than just eating a lot of bacon. It is limiting carb consumption to around 20 to 50 grams per day and filling up on fats, such as meat, fish, eggs, nuts, and healthy oils.
Low Carb – Meat, Poultry & Eggs
Low Carb – Fish and Shellfish
- Salmon (wild)
Low Carb – Cheese and Dairy
- Bleu cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Cream cheese
- Goat cheese
- Greek yogurt (plain)
- Mozzarella (whole milk)
Low Carb Fruit
Low Carb – Vegetables & Net Carb Count
- Asparagus: 1g
- Spinach: 2g
- Swiss Chard: 2g
- Celery: 2g
- Lettuce: 2g
- Avocado (technically a fruit): 2g
- Cabbage: 3g
- Green Olives: 3g
- Cucumber: 3g
- Cauliflower: 3g
- Zucchini: 3g
- Tomato: 3g
- Green Pepper: 3g
- Red Pepper: 4g
- Broccoli: 4g
- Brussels Sprouts: 5g
- Green Beans: 5g
Low Carb Oils and Healthy Fats
- Avocado oil
- Coconut butter
- Coconut oil
- Mayonnaise (with no added sugar)
- MCT oil
- Olive oil
- Safflower oil
- Sesame oil
- Walnut oil
Low Carb – Nuts and Seeds
- Brazil nuts
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Macadamia nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
Foods to Avoid on the Keto Diet
- Grains, biscuits, rolls, tortillas, pancakes, or waffles
- Starchy vegetables, i.e. corn, potatoes, yams, or sweet peas
- high sugar fruit: oranges, apples, watermelons, cantaloupe, grapes, or pineapples
- Sweetened yogurt.
- Juices, i.e. orange juice, grape juice, pineapple juice, or apple juice
- Honey, syrup or sugar in any form, maple syrup, or pancake syrup
- Chips, crackers, or cereals.
- Baked goods including gluten-free baked goods, cakes, cookies, or donuts.
- White rice, brown rice, or pasta
The sweetener in this keto chocolate fudge cake that I chose was Pyure. Pyure is a stevia blend and I actually believe that its’ taste is close to sugar. Pyure comes in 2 forms, granular and confectioners. For this recipe, the granuler is what I have chosen.
PIN this recipe to Pinterest to save for later!
LIKE our Facebook page to never miss any recipes!
Keto Chocolate Fudge Ingredients: Scroll down for full recipe
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- Pyure sweetener or sweetener of your choice
- baking soda
- baking powder
- coconut oil
- sugar free chocolate chips
The frosting on this cake is quick and easy. The recipe calls for sugar free chocolate chips. I have found a couple different brands of sugar free chocolate chips. Some have aspartame and one is made with stevia. To make the frosting you will melt the chocolate chips and butter in a glass bowl. After the chocolate chips and butter are melted then add the vanilla and Pyure. Then place the bowl into the refrigerator and the mixture will firm up. This usually takes 20 to 30 minutes. But, once the mixture is firm, take a hand mixer and beat until fluffy. The frosting is then ready to spread on top of a cooled cake.
- instead of frosting, add pecans, unsweetened coconut and sugar free chocolate chips
- make a glaze from a confectioners sugar and water. I use Swerve Confectioners sugar.
- add unsweetened coconut and sliced almonds
- mix walnuts in with the frosting
- add sugar free white chocolate chips to the top of the cake
- add cherry extract to the frosting
This recipe can also be baked in cupcake tins. Which allows a little more portion control. Sometimes, I actually use mini cupcake tins too. I will double the recipe and after I have frosted the cupcakes then I will place them in the freezer and pull one out at a time. This helps, especially if only one person in the family is on the keto/low carb diet.
Try Our Other Keto Desserts:
- Awesome Keto Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Keto Peanut Butter Pie Cupcakes
- Keto Chocolate chip cookies
- 1/4 + 1/8 cup almond flour
- 1/4 + 1/8 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup Pyure granular sweetener or your choice of sweetener
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup Pyure granular sweetener or your choice of sweetener
- Start by mixing all the almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix your coconut oil, eggs, vanilla and water. Make sure to beat it well.
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a well greased 8x8 pan
- Cook on 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean
- Set cake aside and let it cool.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt your butter
- Add chocolate chips and stir until melted
- Add Pyure and vanilla and stir well. Place bowl in the fridge until the mixture is almost solid again
- Once it is almost solid beat it with a hand mixer until light and fluffy
- Frost the cooled cake and place cake unto refrigerator
Recipe makes 16 (2"x2") servings, per serving:
198 calories, 13g fat, 5 net carbs
- store cake in refrigerator or freezer
- cut cake into portions, place on a cookie sheet, freeze and then place in a ziploc bag
- both the cake and frosting freezes well
- stores in freezer approximately 3 months