Need the perfect appetizer for your next party or game day????
These little cheeseburger sliders are perfect to feed a large crowd at your next event. But, this is also a great recipe for those busy weeknights! So, y’all should definitely give this easy 3 ingredient recipe a try! “Easy Cheeseburger Sliders Recipe with Ground Beef”
What are sliders? A slider is a term for a small sandwich or mini burgers, made with a bun, typically 2 inches across.
What is the difference between a sandwich and a slider? A sandwich is full size and a slider is a 2 inch sandwich.
What do Americans call these mini burgers “sliders”? Typically, sliders are greasy and they slide off the grill onto your bun.
Can I cook ground beef sliders in an air fryer? Yes, you can cook the hamburger patties in an air fryer. In a medium bowl, mix up 1 lb ground beef and seasoning. Form ground beef into burger patties and place an even layer into the air fryer. Cook at 350 degrees f for 5 minutes.
Flip the hamburger patties over and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees f. Add a layer of white American cheese and bake for approximately 1 minute until melted. Place hamburger patties onto the bottom of the rolls and add the tops of the buns.
What kind of buns do I need for sliders? Small white hamburger buns are the best for sliders, however small buns with sesame seeds are a great option too. Here are so other great ideas:
- King’s Hawaiian rolls or any Hawaiian buns
- Sweet Hawaiian rolls
- White Castle slider buns
- Dinner rolls
What side dishes go with cheeseburger sliders or hamburger sliders? French fries, onion rings, potato chips, cole slaw, baked beans, or pasta salad.
What kind of cheese goes on individual sliders? The most important step is to have melty cheese! Most sliders have cheddar cheese slices, but any kind of cheese will work, for example:
- American cheese slices
- Pepper Jack slices
- Your favorite cheese slices
Can I eat leftover cheeseburger sliders the next day? Yes, you can eat leftover sliders as long as you store them in the refrigerator. Place leftovers in an airtight container or place a piece of aluminum foil over the casserole dish. Then, refrigerator for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
What can I dip my ground beef sliders in? Ketchup, mustard, thousand island dressing or homemade burger sauce.
What is the perfect topping for an easy cheeseburger sliders recipe? My favorite toppings are mustard and caramelized onions. Caramelized onions are 2 simple ingredients, olive oil and sliced onion. Take a large skillet and place over medium heat, add a tablespoon of olive oil and heat up. Once the oil is hot add the sliced onions and saute the onions until they are translucent.
What can I add to my lb of ground beef to season it for mini burgers? My favorite hamburger seasoning is salt, black pepper and garlic powder. However, your local grocery store has a lot of great options, for example you can add any of the following: worcestershire sauce, onion powder, onion soup mix, or bagel seasoning.
What can I put on a slider bun? Really, anything can go on a slider bun, for example: delicious burger patties, sloppy joe, crispy chicken, pulled pork, ham and cheese, turkey and cheese, bacon and tomato.
“Easy Cheeseburger Sliders Recipe with Ground Beef”
What Ingredients do I need to make Cheeseburger Sliders? (Scroll down for printable recipe card)
The following ingredients are easily found at your local grocery store:
- dinner rolls – 12 rolls
- Ground beef or lean ground beef – 2 lbs
- Slices of cheese – 15-18 slices of any type of cheese: American cheese, Pepper jack cheese, etc…
- optional – Garlic butter – find recipe here – take a small bowl and mix melted butter and garlic powder. Brush garlic butter onto the top half of the rolls before baking. This adds a delicious savory flavor to these ground beef sliders.
- Optional veggies; avocados, lettuce, tomatoes, or onions
How do I make Ground beef Cheeseburger Sliders? (Scroll down for recipe card of this cheeseburger slider recipe)
- Gather ingredients and supplies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees f
- Supplies: 9×12 inch pan and a sharp knife
- Take the 2 pound of ground beef and make 12 small patties
- Brown hamburger patties in a large skillet and set aside. Optional salt, black pepper or any other seasonings that you would like to add to the meat mixture.
- Take the rolls and using a bread knife or sharp knife cut them in half
- Spray the pan with non-stick cooking spray or optional piece of parchment paper in bottom of sheet pan
- Place single layer of bottom buns into the bottom a greased baking dish
- Optional: cheese can be added under and over meat.
- Add the cooked beef to the top of each roll
- Place a slice of cheese onto the top of the burger pateach hamburger patty
- Add the top buns to the cheeseburger sliders
- Brush garlic butter onto the tops of the rolls
- Bake until cheese is completely melted and tops of slider buns are a golden brown.
When to make Cheeseburger sliders?
Anytime! Is a good time, but I will give you some ideas for when to serve cheeseburger sliders, because they make the perfect party food and are a crowd favorite:
- busy weeknights
- game day or for the big game
- family dinner
- birthday party
- perfect appetizer for your next party
How do I change my recipe to a keto friendly recipe? Keto Recipe Tips
- Replace regular bread with Keto bread, keto buns or keto tortillas
- Replace regular sugar with sugar substitutes
- Replace any recipe items with sugar free alternatives
These are such easy recipes that the entire family will love. Especially, the young ones that will have their own individual sliders to add their favorite toppings to.
“Easy Cheeseburger Sliders Recipe with Ground Beef”