If you need a party appetizer that will be a hit these Avocado Cucumber Shrimp Appetizers are perfect. Plus, if you need a keto appetizer these are keto, low carb, sugar free and gluten free too. The recipe has only a few ingredients and they only take minutes to prepare. So, if you are searching for a quick and easy appetizer recipe this one is definitely both of those. With only a few ingredients and a few minutes in the kitchen and you can have best appetizers ever.
Quick & Easy Keto Appetizers
I create a lot of Keto recipes, plus regular recipes. This recipe is great for those individuals who are on the ketogenic diet, sugar free diet or a gluten free diet. This recipe has no sugar, no bread and almost is carbohydrate free.
Perfect for an all girl’s trip too! My daughters and I had never got “away” from home. We have a farm and with all the animals our family hasn’t been able to leave for vacation in many years. I have 4 kids, 2 are grown, but all are still at home. So, we have a total of 6 people in our house, which is great! LOL! I’m a stay at home mom and have homeschooled this year for 20 YEARS! Our home is very busy to say the least. We have a farm with milk goats, chickens, LGD’s too! When my oldest daughter suggested that we take a trip it sounded like a great idea to me!
Avocado Cucumber Shrimp Appetizers Ingredients: (scroll down for printable version)
- shrimp – At the supermarket I found 3 different sizes of frozen shrimp. For these appetizers, I did choose a medium size shrimp and I found that this size worked best too
- avocados or prepared guacomole
- garlic powder or “garlic herb” seasonings by Kingsford or McCormick
- lime juice (optional if you are preparing your own guacamole)
Instructions: (scroll down for printable version)
- The shrimp that I had purchased was frozen. So, a couple of hours before I was ready to make these appetizers I took the shrimp and placed them onto a dish to thaw.
- To prepare shrimp: take a medium size skillet and heat olive oil
- Place shrimp into the skillet and add the salt and garlic powder
- Once the shrimp have browned on each side, lay them aside to cool
- Prepare avocados with garlic powder, lime juice and salt. Or, another option is to purchase prepared guacamole. I love the choice to buy guacamole already made, especially in the little single serve containers.
Instructions Part II:
- Slice up your cucumbers to what thickness that you desire. There is no right or wrong way to slice them, it’s a personal preference. But, just be sure the cucumber slice is thick enough to hold the guacamole and shrimp. A slice too thin will fold over and not hold your toppings.
- Spread on guacamole and add a shrimp to the top. The amount of guacamole to spread on is another personal preference. The first time that I made these I actually spread on too much guacamole and so when I took a bite the guacamole “squished out”. Lol. So, next time I’ll spread on a thinner layer of guacamole.
- Chill and they are ready to serve. I believe that these appetizers are best served chilled.
These shrimp appetizers are perfect for any Holiday party, a girl’s trip or just for anytime! My daughters and I went on an all girls trip and I made these appetizers. We had rented a cabin in Broken Bow, Oklahoma. We live about 3 hours away from there and the cabins are beautiful. It was a special treat for us and we enjoyed a little bit of cooking, LOL.
On about the second day there we decided to run to the grocery store and I had been thinking about this recipe for a while. I decided that this trip would be a great time to try this recipe. This was a treat for my girls and I, because shrimp is not a normal meal for my family.
Don’t Like Guacamole? Choose a different Spread!
- Cream cheese
- Pimento cheese
- Ranch or sour cream dip
- Gerken pickles
- Slice of ham or turkey
- Slice of already cooked bacon
- Plain slice of avocado
The options are endless. I like to go to the supermarket and just take a look at all the varieties of items. Especially, in the produce departments and the deli departments. The choice of sliced meats and cheeses in the deli are listless. So, take a stroll thru the supermarket when you are not shopping for a lot of items. I like to look around when I don’t have a huge list of things to buy, so I can just look, LOL.
- You can prepare homemade guacamole or you can buy already prepared guacamole
- If you don’t want guacamole on your appetizers, then you can take an avocado and smash it up or slice it up and don’t add any seasonings to it.
- Don’t add too much guacamole to each cucumber or you will need a plate and fork, LOL
- Seasonings on the shrimp can vary. For example, at your local supermarket there are varieties of “Garlic Herb” seasonings such as Kingsford or McCormick. I have tried both of these and they taste great.
- The smaller shrimp are best for these appetizers
- Chill and serve the same day
- 15-20 small shrimp
- 1 cucumber
- Buy Prepared guacamole or take 2 avocados (1/2tsp garlic powder, 1/2tsp lime juice & 1/4tsp salt)
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 T garlic powder or "garlic herb" seasonings
- Preheat olive oil in a medium size skillet
- Place shrimp in pan and add seasonings
- Brown shrimp on both sides and set aside to cool
- Cut cucumbers
- Optional - prepare guacamole - 2 avocados, 1/2tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp lime juice, 1/4 tsp salt)
- Or buy already prepared guacamole
- Spread guacamole onto each cucumber
- Add one shrimp to the top of each appetizer
- Chill and Serve the same day
Try Our Keto Recipes!
Try Some Other Keto Desserts!
- Keto Coconut Pie
- Keto Cherry Pie
- Keto Peanut Butter Pie Cupcakes
- Keto Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
- Keto Peanut Butter Balls
- Keto Turtle Cheesecake
- Keto Chocolate Caramel Pecan Clusters
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Maple Pecan Cream Pie
- New Year’s Day or New Year’s Eve
- Valentine’s Day for your sweetheart
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Thanksgiving’s Day
- Wedding Showers
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers
- Anniversary parties
- Graduation parties
- Birthday parties