I love chocolate and I love peanut butter! So, I paired the 2 together in this recipe. This Keto Peanut Butter Pie Cupcakes recipe is another quick cream cheese base recipe and is so easy to make and takes literally only minutes from start to finish.
There is no baking required in this recipe which is great for a quick dessert. This recipe is keto, low carb, sugar free and gluten free. It’s a great recipe for diabetics, who love sweets, but can’t have sugary desserts.
Also, it’s a great recipe for keto/low carb individuals who are wanting to shed a few extra pounds or maybe for those who would like to live a more healthier lifestyle.
Whatever your reason for wanting sugar free and gluten free recipes this is a recipe that will not disappoint you.
PIN this recipe to Pinterest to save for later!
LIKE us on Facebook to never miss a recipe!
But, before we talk about this recipe, let’s learn more about the keto diet, because it is much more than eating a lot of BACON, LOL!
What is the Keto Diet?
The ketogenic diet focuses on high fat, low carb foods like eggs, meats, dairy, and low carb vegetables. Also, it consists of food that are sugar free and gluten free. A lot of individuals believe it is just a lot of protein, like a lot of bacon, but it is more than just eating a lot of bacon. It is limiting carb consumption to around 20 to 50 grams per day and filling up on fats, such as meat, fish, eggs, nuts, and healthy oils.
Low Carb – Meat, Poultry & Eggs
Low Carb – Fish and Shellfish
- Salmon (wild)
Low Carb – Cheese and Dairy
- Bleu cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Cream cheese
- Goat cheese
- Greek yogurt (plain)
- Mozzarella (whole milk)
Low Carb Fruit
Low Carb – Vegetables & Net Carb Count
- Asparagus: 1g
- Spinach: 2g
- Swiss Chard: 2g
- Celery: 2g
- Lettuce: 2g
- Avocado (technically a fruit): 2g
- Cabbage: 3g
- Green Olives: 3g
- Cucumber: 3g
- Cauliflower: 3g
- Zucchini: 3g
- Tomato: 3g
- Green Pepper: 3g
- Red Pepper: 4g
- Broccoli: 4g
- Brussels Sprouts: 5g
- Green Beans: 5g
Low Carb Oils and Healthy Fats
- Avocado oil
- Coconut butter
- Coconut oil
- Mayonnaise (with no added sugar)
- MCT oil
- Olive oil
- Safflower oil
- Sesame oil
- Walnut oil
Low Carb – Nuts and Seeds
- Brazil nuts
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Macadamia nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
Foods to Avoid on the Keto Diet
- Grains, biscuits, rolls, tortillas, pancakes, or waffles
- Starchy vegetables, i.e. corn, potatoes, yams, or sweet peas
- high sugar fruit: oranges, apples, watermelons, cantaloupe, grapes, or pineapples
- Sweetened yogurt.
- Juices, i.e. orange juice, grape juice, pineapple juice, or apple juice
- Honey, syrup or sugar in any form, maple syrup, or pancake syrup
- Chips, crackers, or cereals.
- Baked goods including gluten-free baked goods, cakes, cookies, or donuts.
- White rice, brown rice, or pasta
Keto Peanut Butter Pie Cupcakes Ingredients:
- Cream cheese
- Swerve Confectioners
- Heavy whipping cream
- Pyure granular sweetener
- Peanut Butter
- Sugar free chocolate chips
The ingredients begin with a mixture of cream cheese and Swerve Confectioners. Another brand of confectioner could be used, I’ve only used this brand on my Keto/low carb diet.
I usually take a spoon and blend the cream cheese and confectioners together before I use a mixer to keep the Swerve from flying all over me. Then, I set this bowl to the side and in another bowl I whip the heavy whipping cream and Pyure sweetener (also, another sweetener could be used, but this is the one that I like) together until it is thick and fluffy.
In the beginning of making these cupcakes I would use a hand mixer for my heavy whipping cream mixture and I would mix and mix and mix, but then I realized that I could get out my Kitchen Aid stand mixer, turn it on high and leave it. This saves time and energy. 🙂
Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Options
Also, there are a couple different sugar free chocolate chips that you can use in this recipe. Lily’s Stevia sweetened baking chips and Hersheys sugar free baking chips.
The muffins tins are a must, because the mixture will not stand alone. I chose to place these desserts in regular size cupcake tins, however mini tins could be used instead of regular size tins. This would help those of us, me included (lol), who have a problem with portion control and this would lower the amount of calories in these desserts.
Also, I double the recipe and freeze my cupcakes. They freeze perfectly and you would never know that they had been frozen. Just lay one or two out to thaw and enjoy.
Another quick & easy recipe is our Keto Cherry Cupcakes
Try Our Other Keto Desserts:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 2 tbsp reduced sugar peanut butter of your choice
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Pyure granular or your choice of sweetener
- 1/2 cup sugar free chocolate chips (Lilys or Hersheys)
- 2 tbsp butter
- In a medium bowl, blend cream cheese and confectioner's sweetener together
- In a separate bowl, with a mixer, whip heavy whipping cream and granular sweetener together until thick
- Add cream cheese mixture to whipped topping mixture
- With a mixer, mix well
- Add 2 tbsp peanut butter and mix well
- Fill cupcake tins full and set aside to make chocolate topping
- In a small microwaveable bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter
- Stir and spoon over each cupcake
- Refrigerate or freeze cupcakes
12 servings: calories 259, fat 24g, net carbs 5
24 servings (mini cupcake tins): calories 130, fat 12g, net carbs 2.5
Here are some of our Keto & Low Carb bread recipes: