This is the best Keto Bacon Ranch biscuits recipe that you will ever try! It might be the 4 Tablespoons of butter, but we won’t tell anyone. However, it could be the Ranch dressing mix or maybe the garlic butter poured over the top of each biscuit. But, whatever it is, it is soooo good.
Besides, the reason that I love this recipe is that my kids love these biscuits too. And, that says a lot when your kids are wanting your Keto biscuits. So, I definitely have to double or triple the batch and keep these biscuits in the freezer for everyone to enjoy.
This recipe came from our original keto biscuit recipe, Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
I wanted to change it up a little, so this Keto Bacon Ranch Biscuits recipe was created. In this recipe I exchanged the sour cream for ranch dip. Also, 2 tbsp of ranch dressing mix (added to the sour cream) could be added if the ranch dip isn’t available.
But, before we talk about this recipe, let’s learn more about the keto diet, because it is much more than eating a lot of BACON, LOL!
What is the Keto Diet?
The ketogenic diet focuses on high fat, low carb foods like eggs, meats, dairy, and low carb vegetables. Also, it consists of food that are sugar free and gluten free. A lot of individuals believe it is just a lot of protein, like a lot of bacon, but it is more than just eating a lot of bacon. It is limiting carb consumption to around 20 to 50 grams per day and filling up on fats, such as meat, fish, eggs, nuts, and healthy oils.
Low Carb – Meat, Poultry & Eggs
Low Carb – Fish and Shellfish
- Salmon (wild)
Low Carb – Cheese and Dairy
- Bleu cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Cream cheese
- Goat cheese
- Greek yogurt (plain)
- Mozzarella (whole milk)
Low Carb Fruit
Low Carb – Vegetables & Net Carb Count
- Asparagus: 1g
- Spinach: 2g
- Swiss Chard: 2g
- Celery: 2g
- Lettuce: 2g
- Avocado (technically a fruit): 2g
- Cabbage: 3g
- Green Olives: 3g
- Cucumber: 3g
- Cauliflower: 3g
- Zucchini: 3g
- Tomato: 3g
- Green Pepper: 3g
- Red Pepper: 4g
- Broccoli: 4g
- Brussels Sprouts: 5g
- Green Beans: 5g
Low Carb Oils and Healthy Fats
- Avocado oil
- Coconut butter
- Coconut oil
- Mayonnaise (with no added sugar)
- MCT oil
- Olive oil
- Safflower oil
- Sesame oil
- Walnut oil
Low Carb – Nuts and Seeds
- Brazil nuts
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Macadamia nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
Foods to Avoid on the Keto Diet
- Grains, biscuits, rolls, tortillas, pancakes, or waffles
- Starchy vegetables, i.e. corn, potatoes, yams, or sweet peas
- high sugar fruit: oranges, apples, watermelons, cantaloupe, grapes, or pineapples
- Sweetened yogurt.
- Juices, i.e. orange juice, grape juice, pineapple juice, or apple juice
- Honey, syrup or sugar in any form, maple syrup, or pancake syrup
- Chips, crackers, or cereals.
- Baked goods including gluten-free baked goods, cakes, cookies, or donuts.
- White rice, brown rice, or pasta
Keto Bacon Ranch Biscuits Ingredients:
- Almond Flour
- Baking Powder
- Ranch dip or ranch seasoning packet
- Real Bacon bits
- Garlic powder
For these keto biscuits it is best if muffin tins are used or a cupcake pan. The biscuit batter will spread and go flat if tins or a cupcake pan is not used during baking. Usually, I will place my muffin tins on a cookie sheet, fill and bake. Fill each muffin tin or cupcake to 2/3 full with batter. This works perfect for me.
To cut down on baking a great idea is to double or triple the recipe. And, once the biscuits are cooled place them in a gallon size ziploc freezer bag and toss into the freezer. When ready, just take one or two out of the freezer and place into the microwave to reheat.
These biscuits freeze perfectly and will last in the freezer approximately 3 months. If you choose not to freeze after baking, place into the refrigerator.
The melted butter on top will require the biscuits to be refrigerated, plus this will prolong the shelf life of the biscuits.
If the above picture doesn’t make you hungry, something is wrong, lol. These biscuits are so yummy. The recipe is quick and easy and really doesn’t take very long to mix up or bake.
What could be better? A biscuit that is keto, low carb and gluten free. The keto diet doesn’t get any better than this with this Keto Bacon Ranch Biscuits recipe.
Try some of our other Keto recipes:
- 1 1/2 C Almond Flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1/3 C Ranch Dip or 1/3 C Sour Cream with 2 Tbsp Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
- 4 Tbsp Butter (melted)
- 1/3 C Shredded Cheese (any kind colby...)
- 1/4 C Real Bacon Bits
- 1 Tbsp Butter (melted)
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat oven 400 degrees F
- Combine the almond flour, salt and baking powder
- In a separate bowl, combine eggs, ranch dip or sour cream mix and butter
- Combine wet and dry ingredients, whisk then add shredded cheese and bacon bits
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, approx. 2/3 full
- Bake 14 - 16 minutes or until golden brown
- Combine Melted buttern and garlic powder
- Drizzle over biscuits as soon as you take them out of the oven