A couple of weeks ago I was craving Pie. And, since it was Christmas I created a Keto Peppermint Pie and it was delicious. Then, I realized that this pie recipe could easily be used to create a variety of pies. So, this Keto Cherry Pie was created.
So, then I baked a Keto Coconut Pie, adding toasted unsweetened coconut to the top and coconut extract, YUMMY. SOOO, I got to thinking again and thought what about a Keto Cherry Pie!!!! And, here we are. 🙂
Yes, my mind nevers stops, lol, because I am already thinking of a Keto Blueberry Pie or a Keto Orange Creamsicle Pie!!!
PIN this recipe to Pinterest to save for later!
LIKE us on Facebook to never miss a new recipe!
But, before we talk about this recipe, let’s learn more about the keto diet, because it is much more than eating a lot of BACON, LOL!
What is the Keto Diet?
The ketogenic diet focuses on high fat, low carb foods like eggs, meats, dairy, and low carb vegetables. Also, it consists of food that are sugar free and gluten free. A lot of individuals believe it is just a lot of protein, like a lot of bacon, but it is more than just eating a lot of bacon. It is limiting carb consumption to around 20 to 50 grams per day and filling up on fats, such as meat, fish, eggs, nuts, and healthy oils.
Low Carb – Meat, Poultry & Eggs
Low Carb – Fish and Shellfish
- Salmon (wild)
Low Carb – Cheese and Dairy
- Bleu cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Cream cheese
- Goat cheese
- Greek yogurt (plain)
- Mozzarella (whole milk)
Low Carb Fruit
Low Carb – Vegetables & Net Carb Count
- Asparagus: 1g
- Spinach: 2g
- Swiss Chard: 2g
- Celery: 2g
- Lettuce: 2g
- Avocado (technically a fruit): 2g
- Cabbage: 3g
- Green Olives: 3g
- Cucumber: 3g
- Cauliflower: 3g
- Zucchini: 3g
- Tomato: 3g
- Green Pepper: 3g
- Red Pepper: 4g
- Broccoli: 4g
- Brussels Sprouts: 5g
- Green Beans: 5g
Low Carb Oils and Healthy Fats
- Avocado oil
- Coconut butter
- Coconut oil
- Mayonnaise (with no added sugar)
- MCT oil
- Olive oil
- Safflower oil
- Sesame oil
- Walnut oil
Low Carb – Nuts and Seeds
- Brazil nuts
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Macadamia nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
Foods to Avoid on the Keto Diet
- Grains, biscuits, rolls, tortillas, pancakes, or waffles
- Starchy vegetables, i.e. corn, potatoes, yams, or sweet peas
- high sugar fruit: oranges, apples, watermelons, cantaloupe, grapes, or pineapples
- Sweetened yogurt.
- Juices, i.e. orange juice, grape juice, pineapple juice, or apple juice
- Honey, syrup or sugar in any form, maple syrup, or pancake syrup
- Chips, crackers, or cereals.
- Baked goods including gluten-free baked goods, cakes, cookies, or donuts.
- White rice, brown rice, or pasta
Keto Cherry Pie Ingredients
- cream cheese
- Swerve confectioners or your choice of confectioners
- heavy whipping cream
- Pyure granular or your choice of granular sweetener
- for the crust, almond flour, butter and sweetener
- sugar free cherry pie filling or frozen/fresh cherries
Ingredients begin with a mixture of cream cheese and Swerve Confectioners. I’ve only baked with this brand, but any brand of confectioner could be used. I usually take a spoon and blend the cream cheese and confectioners together before I use a mixer to keep the Swerve from flying all over me. Then, I set this bowl to the side and in another bowl I whip (with a mixer) the heavy whipping cream and Pyure sweetener (also, another sweetener could be used, but this is the one that I like) together until it is thick and fluffy.
Different Types of Sweeteners:
There are different sweetener to choose from at your local supermarket. Most sweetener comes in 2 forms: granular and confectioners. This recipe for Keto Cherry Pie calls for both in 2 different brands. But, you are welcome to use your favorite brand of sweetener. The 2 that I use are Pyure granular and Swerve confectioners.
This recipe also calls for a can of sugar free cherry pie filling. Most of these sugar free filling are made with aspartame instead of Stevia. So, if you do not want to use this type of filling, then you could replace it with frozen cherries or fresh cherries.
Another great idea is to make cupcakes instead of a pie. I have found that this helps with portion control and this pie mixture could be poured up into regular size cupcake tins or mini cupcake tins. Sometimes, I double or triple the recipe, then pour into cupcakes tins and freeze. They freeze perfect and will last 3 months in the freezer, if they make it that long.
- Easy Keto Cherry Pie Cupcakes
- Keto Peanut Butter Pie Cupcakes
- Delicious Keto Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
However, this recipe is so versatile, because any extract can be chosen. Like, banana, root beer, peppermint, orange, lemon and so on. So, use your imagination and bake some wonderful Keto Pies!
- 2 cups almond flour
- 5 1/2 tbsp butter melted
- 1 tbsp Pyure sweetener or your choice of granular sweetener
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 3/4 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Pyure sweetener or your choice of granular sweetener
- 1/2 can sugar free cherry pie filling or frozen cherries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, almond flour and sweetener, mix well
- Press mixture into an oven safe 9 inch pie pan that has been sprayed with oil very well
- Bake for approx. 12 to 15 minutes
- Set crust aside to Cool
- Add softened cream cheese to a medium size bowl
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy
- Gradually add Swerve confectioners and mix well with mixer
- Set aside and make the whipped topping recipe below, which will then be combined into this mixture.
- Pour heavy whipping cream into a medium bowl
- Add sweetener
- With a mixer, beat cream until peaks form
- Take the above pie filling recipe (cream cheese mixture) and this whipped topping and beat together until combined
- Pour into the cooled crust
- Add the 1/2 of a can of sugar free cherry pie filling or frozen cherries
12 servings: calories 264, fat 31g, net carbs 5g
Perfect Pie For Your Next Party or Event:
- New Year’s Day or New Year’s Eve
- Valentine’s Day for your sweetheart
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Thanksgiving’s Day
- Wedding Showers
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers
- Anniversary parties
- Graduation parties
- Kid’s birthday parties
- Birthday parties