My husband LOVES Coconut Pie, it is truly his favorite pie. But, it has too much sugar and too many carbs in it, so I created this Keto Coconut Pie recipe. This recipe is a very simple recipe and I believe a new cook could make this pie without any trouble.
In the beginning, I made this pie using a hand mixer. Which can take a while, because, the heavy whipping cream needs to be beat until it’s thick and fluffy. And, sometimes I felt that I was mixing for hours, of course, I wasn’t, but I need every second of my day.
I am a stay at home mom with 4 kids, 2 of which are homeschooled and the other 2 have graduated, plus we have a dairy farm, so my days are very busy.
Anyways, I have a stand mixer, which is very heavy, but one day I pulled it out and poured my heavy whipping cream into the bowl and turned the mixer on and left it.
Wow, what a relief to let the mixer do all the work, I know, but it’s the little things in life that make us smile and this did. So, while the mixer is doing it’s job I will take a spatula and cream together the cream cheese and the Swerve Confectioners Sugar.
Once the heavy whipping cream is thick and fluffy, I’ll had the cream cheese mixture and let the mixer do it’s job and mix it all together.
PIN this recipe to Pinterest to save for later!
LIKE us on Facebook to never miss any recipes!
But, before we talk about this recipe, let’s learn more about the keto diet, because it is much more than eating a lot of BACON, LOL!
What is the Keto Diet?
The ketogenic diet focuses on high fat, low carb foods like eggs, meats, dairy, and low carb vegetables. Also, it consists of food that are sugar free and gluten free. A lot of individuals believe it is just a lot of protein, like a lot of bacon, but it is more than just eating a lot of bacon. It is limiting carb consumption to around 20 to 50 grams per day and filling up on fats, such as meat, fish, eggs, nuts, and healthy oils.
Low Carb – Meat, Poultry & Eggs
Low Carb – Fish and Shellfish
- Salmon (wild)
Low Carb – Cheese and Dairy
- Bleu cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Cream cheese
- Goat cheese
- Greek yogurt (plain)
- Mozzarella (whole milk)
Low Carb Fruit
Low Carb – Vegetables & Net Carb Count
- Asparagus: 1g
- Spinach: 2g
- Swiss Chard: 2g
- Celery: 2g
- Lettuce: 2g
- Avocado (technically a fruit): 2g
- Cabbage: 3g
- Green Olives: 3g
- Cucumber: 3g
- Cauliflower: 3g
- Zucchini: 3g
- Tomato: 3g
- Green Pepper: 3g
- Red Pepper: 4g
- Broccoli: 4g
- Brussels Sprouts: 5g
- Green Beans: 5g
Low Carb Oils and Healthy Fats
- Avocado oil
- Coconut butter
- Coconut oil
- Mayonnaise (with no added sugar)
- MCT oil
- Olive oil
- Safflower oil
- Sesame oil
- Walnut oil
Low Carb – Nuts and Seeds
- Brazil nuts
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Macadamia nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
Foods to Avoid on the Keto Diet
- Grains, biscuits, rolls, tortillas, pancakes, or waffles
- Starchy vegetables, i.e. corn, potatoes, yams, or sweet peas
- high sugar fruit: oranges, apples, watermelons, cantaloupe, grapes, or pineapples
- Sweetened yogurt.
- Juices, i.e. orange juice, grape juice, pineapple juice, or apple juice
- Honey, syrup or sugar in any form, maple syrup, or pancake syrup
- Chips, crackers, or cereals.
- Baked goods including gluten-free baked goods, cakes, cookies, or donuts.
- White rice, brown rice, or pasta
Keto Coconut Pie Ingredients:
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Pyure granular sweetener or your choice of granular sweetener
- Cream Cheese
- Swerve Confectioners or your choice of confectioners
- Coconut Extract
In this recipe I do use 2 different kinds of sweeteners. These are 2 that I have become familiar with and so you are more than welcome to use whatever sweetener that you would like. The heavy whipping cream is mixed with a granular sweetener called Pyure
The cream cheese mixture is combined with a Swerve Confectioners, both of these I purchase as my local Wal-Mart.
The two sweeteners are the mostly costly ingredient in this recipe. But, they both make this Pie very delicious and keep the recipe sugar free and low carb. The heavy whipping cream and the cream cheese I purchase at Aldi, they have the cheapest price on these 2 items.
Usually, the cream cheese is only $0.79 each and the heavy whipping cream is $1.55, both cheaper than the other local supermarkets in my town.
This recipe is so versatile, because the coconut extract can be replaced with any extract. Like, banana, root beer, peppermint, orange, lemon and so on. So, use your imagination and bake some wonderful Keto Pies! 🙂
Try Our Other Keto Desserts:
Delicious Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp Pyure sweetener or sweetener of your choice
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 16 oz heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp Pyure or any sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp coconut extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup toasted unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat over to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, almond flour and sweetener together, mix well (this takes a few minutes)
- Press mixture into an oven safe 9 inch pie pan that has been sprayed with oil very well,.
- Bake for approx. 12 to 15 minutes
- Set crust aside to cool.
- Add softened cream cheese to a medium size bowl
- Using a mixer, beat cream cheese until fluffy
- Gradually add Swerve confectioners and mix well with mixer
- Set this mixture aside and make the whipped topping.
- Pour heavy whipping cream, Pyure and coconut extract into a medium bowl
- With a mixer, beat cream until peaks form
- Take the above pie filling and this whipped topping and beat together until combined
- Pour into a cooled crust
Toast Unsweetened Coconut
- Preheat oven to 250
- Place unsweetened coconut on a cookie sheet
- Bake until brown, this does not take but a few minutes, so do not leave your oven
Each serving: 264 calories, 31g fat, 4 net carbs