Who loves easy & delicious recipes??? Plus, 1.3 net carbs per popper!!! This Keto Jalapeno Poppers recipe is the quickest and easiest keto recipe.
These jalapeno poppers are keto, low carb, gluten free, sugar free and diabetic friendly. A recipe that only needs 4 ingredients that are simple to find at your local supermarket.
But, before we talk about this recipe, let’s learn more about the keto diet, because it is much more than eating a lot of BACON, LOL!
What is the Keto Diet?
The ketogenic diet focuses on high fat, low carb foods like eggs, meats, dairy, and low carb vegetables. Also, it consists of food that are sugar free and gluten free. A lot of individuals believe it is just a lot of protein, like a lot of bacon, but it is more than just eating a lot of bacon. It is limiting carb consumption to around 20 to 50 grams per day and filling up on fats, such as meat, fish, eggs, nuts, and healthy oils.
Low Carb – Meat, Poultry & Eggs
Low Carb – Fish and Shellfish
- Salmon (wild)
Low Carb – Cheese and Dairy
- Bleu cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Cream cheese
- Goat cheese
- Greek yogurt (plain)
- Mozzarella (whole milk)
Low Carb Fruit
Low Carb – Vegetables & Net Carb Count
- Asparagus: 1g
- Spinach: 2g
- Swiss Chard: 2g
- Celery: 2g
- Lettuce: 2g
- Avocado (technically a fruit): 2g
- Cabbage: 3g
- Green Olives: 3g
- Cucumber: 3g
- Cauliflower: 3g
- Zucchini: 3g
- Tomato: 3g
- Green Pepper: 3g
- Red Pepper: 4g
- Broccoli: 4g
- Brussels Sprouts: 5g
- Green Beans: 5g
Low Carb Oils and Healthy Fats
- Avocado oil
- Coconut butter
- Coconut oil
- Mayonnaise (with no added sugar)
- MCT oil
- Olive oil
- Safflower oil
- Sesame oil
- Walnut oil
Low Carb – Nuts and Seeds
- Brazil nuts
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Macadamia nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
Foods to Avoid on the Keto Diet
- Grains, biscuits, rolls, tortillas, pancakes, or waffles
- Starchy vegetables, i.e. corn, potatoes, yams, or sweet peas
- high sugar fruit: oranges, apples, watermelons, cantaloupe, grapes, or pineapples
- Sweetened yogurt.
- Juices, i.e. orange juice, grape juice, pineapple juice, or apple juice
- Honey, syrup or sugar in any form, maple syrup, or pancake syrup
- Chips, crackers, or cereals.
- Baked goods including gluten-free baked goods, cakes, cookies, or donuts.
- White rice, brown rice, or pasta
Keto Jalapeno Poppers Ingredients: (scroll down for full recipe)
- canned chicken
- cream cheese
- sharp shredded cheese (or your choice of cheese)
Benefits of Jalapenos
Jalapenos are full of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, for example:
- A Vitamin
- B’s Vitamin
- C Vitamin
- K Vitamin
- Carotene an antioxidant that help fight damage to your cells
Keto Jalapeno Popper Nutrional Facts
These delicious Keto Jalapeno Poppers have only 4 ingredients and take only minutes to prepare, bake in the oven and they are ready to enjoy.
Each jalapeno popper has 65 calories, 5 grams of fat and only 1.2 net carbs. Only 1.2 net carb per popper is an amazing low carb snack or eat a few with a salad and you have a complete meal.
Jalapenos will vary on their heat level. I never know how hot they will be. However, doing a little research, I have found that the older jalapenos are hotter. The older jalapenos will have white stress lines or specks on the green flesh of the pepper. The younger jalapenos will have no white lines and the flesh will be green and shiny. So, I tend to buy the younger jalapenos, because I do not like them very hot. But, with this information you now can choose either young or old jalapenos. Usually, I purchase my jalapenos from my local Aldi supermarket. I try to pick out the largest ones, but any size will work.
I have made many, many poppers. A few times, I will prepare extra of the chicken mixture and freeze it, so to have it ready in the future as I buy jalapenos.
I started making these poppers to sell in my home town and they have became a family favorite. Sometimes, I’ll make these, place them in a pan, but instead of baking I’ll place the pan in the freezer. Then, later I’ll pull out the pan from the freezer and bake.
These poppers are great alone, with a salad or with a dip. Ranch dip is an all time favorite or a Lime Cilantro Dip is wonderful.
Lime Cilantro Dip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 green onions
- 1/8 cup lime juice
- 1 Tbsp minced cilantro
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
Dipping Sauce Ideas!
- Ranch dressing
- Raspberry Sauce
- Chipotle Raspberry Sauce
- Blue Cheese Sauce
- Sweet and Spicy Apricot Sauce
- Sweet Sriracha Sauce
- Taco Sauce
- Picante Sauce
- Barbecue Sauce
- 10 large jalapeno peppers
- 1 12.5oz can of chicken (drained)
- 1 8oz cream cheese
- 1 cup sharp shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, add a can of drained chicken, cream cheese and shredded cheese
- Combine all ingredients together
- Cut each jalapeno pepper in half
- Spoon mixture into each half of pepper
- Place each pepper onto a baking sheet
- Bake for 40-45 minutes
Each popper: 65 calories, 5g fat, 1.3 net carbs
- Prepare these poppers ahead of time and bake before you are ready to eat.
- Change up the filling! Instead of chicken try pepperoni and cheese
- Change up the chicken by adding buffalo sauce to make Buffalo Chicken Poppers
- Left over popper filling can be frozen and used at a later time
- These poppers can be frozen before baked and then take only a few out at a time
- These poppers can be frozen after they are baked and then take only a few out at a time and microwave for a quick keto meal!
Try Some of Our Desserts!
Other Yummy Keto Recipes!
- Keto Bacon Ranch Biscuits
- Keto Cheddar Garlic Biscuits
- Keto Sausage Egg Muffins
- Keto Pepper Jack Sausage Balls
- Keto Bacon & Spinach Egg Muffins