What can be better than Sausage and Pepper Jack Cheese?!?!? Especially, IF it’s KETO!!!! These Keto Pepper Jack Sausage Balls are keto approved, low carb, sugar free, gluten free and diabetic friendly.
PIN this recipe to Pinterest to save for later
LIKE us on Facebook for more recipes!
I have been doing Keto or Low Carb for the past couple of years and I need those go to recipes that are easy and I can keep on hand.
This recipe is easy to make. Basically, you add all the ingredients to a bowl, mix and form into balls. Usually, I will double or triple the recipe, so that I can have these Keto Pepper Jack Sausage Balls in my freezer at all times.
I place them into a gallon ziploc bag for storage in my freezer and then I just take a couple out of the freezer and microwave. They come in handy when your tired and don’t know what to cook. So, you won’t grab something non-keto to eat, because you’ll have these on hand.
These Keto Pepper Jack Sausage Balls are delicious dipped in sugar free syrup, which I have found at my local supermarket or online for purchase. You can also dip them in sugar free jelly. A lot of the time I’ll have these on the side of scrambled eggs which is delicious paired together.
I love my sausage balls with egg muffins, so here’s a list of some egg muffin recipes!
- Keto Sausage Egg Muffins
- Bacon Spinach Egg Muffins (also Keto)
- Sausage & Egg Muffins (turkey sausage) (also Keto)
If you don’t like pepper jack cheese you may substitute any cheese like, cheddar, mozzarella or colby. Also, the sausage could be substituted with a different meat like, ham, bacon, pepperoni or ground beef. The options are really endless.
Great Aldi Buys:
For most of my ingredients, I do purchase at Aldi Supermarket. I have found that the butter, cheese and eggs are cheaper at Aldis. You will need to purchase block cheese and then shred the cheese.
This will save on net carbs, because the shredded cheese that you buy at the store has potato starch on it to prevent sticking, which increases the net carbs. My almond flour is purchased at Wal-mart, but it can also be purchased online or at any local supermarket.
Keto Pepper Jack Sausage Balls Ingredients:
- breakfast sausage (Farmland, Potters or Jimmy Deans to name a few)
- Pepper Jack Cheese
- butter (melted)
- almond flour
- baking powder
Picture of the Breakfast Sausage
*Not pictured is the almond flour, baking powder and salt
*The sausage can be any brand of breakfast sausage; Farmland, Potters or Jimmy Deans. These come in 1 pound packages, but they can be in links or patties, but since it’ll be mixed up raw with the other ingredients than it is easier to buy a 1 pound package and cheaper.
Try Our Other Keto Recipes:
DelciousKeto Bacon Ranch Biscuits
- 1 lb breakfast sausage ( your preference of hot or mild)
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack cheese or your choice of cheese
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, add raw sausage, egg shredded cheese, melted butter, almond flour, baking powder and salt
- Mix well and form into balls, approx. 28-32 balls
- Place on greased pan 1 inch apart
- Bake approx. 20-23 minutes
- After the sausage balls have cooled, place in a ziploc bag and put in the refrigerator or freezer.
Per sausage ball: 79 calories, 6g fat, 0.5 net carbs
Try Our Keto Desserts
DeliciousKeto Chocolate Fudge Cake
Easy Keto Coconut Pie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium bowl, add sausage, egg, shredded cheese, melted butter, almond flour, baking powder and salt
- Mix well and form into balls, approx. 28-32
- Place on greased pan and bake approx. 20-23 minutes
- After the sausage balls have cooled, place in a ziploc bag and put in the frigerator or freezer
Per ball: 79 calores, 6g fat, 5g protein, 0.5 net carbs