Yes, you just read the title right! Only 5 Ingredients in this yummy Key Lime Pie. Let me assure you that this pie may only have 5 ingredients, but it lacks nothing in taste and texture.
PIN this recipe to Pinterest to save for later
LIKE us on Facebook for more recipes
The texture of this pie is so smooth and creamy, it almost just melts in your mouth. It has just the right amount of sweetness and the perfect bit of tartness from the lime juice.
- Egg Yolks
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Lime Juice
- Graham Cracker Crust
In the pictures, the pie filling almost looks yellow. That’s because I used fresh eggs in the filling. Fresh eggs have so much brighter colored yolks than store bought.
Even if you don’t have fresh eggs, that is perfectly fine.
Since easy is in the title, I used Lime juice in the bottle. Trust me you can’t even tell. It’s so much quicker and easier than having to juice a pound of fresh limes.
It still has that nice tangy and tartness. I wish I had a piece right now, but we already ate the whole thing. It’s that good!
I used a ready made graham cracker crust. But, if you want to make one from scratch, feel free! I’m all about making things easy and quick, all while maintaining the best results, so the pre-made crust worked for me. Although, my dad would have like for me to probably have made the crust and made it 3 times thicker.
Different Types of Pies
I’m going to be doing some experimenting with different flavors of this pie. If you left out the lime juice, it would be a sweet cream pie. You might could even add a little extra vanilla.
I’ve also been thinking about trying this pie recipe minus the lime juice and adding different flavors of Kool-aid packets. What about a pink lemonade pie or an orange cream pie?!
I think the possibilities are endless.
You could even add extracts like strawberry, banana, orange, cherry, mint, root beer???? A root beer float Pie, hmmmm, I think I’m on to something.
- Leave out the lime juice and try an extract for a different delicious pie, extracts like, i.e. strawberry, cherry, mint, root beer, orange, maple, almond, peppermint, banana, lemon
- Pie can be frozen. Slice the pie into slices and freeze. Freeze for up to 3 months
- preheat your oven to 375° F
- Beat you egg yolks
- add in your sweetened condensed milk, lime juice and vanilla
- mix well
- pour into the graham cracker crust
- bake for approx. 15-18 minutes
See, I said you could have the filling whipped up in only minutes! Find the printable recipe with the measurements below.
- 5 Egg Yolks
- 14 oz can Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1/2 C Lime Juice (I used bottled Lime Juice)
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- Pre made Graham Cracker Crust
- Preheat oven to 375° F
- In a medium bowl, whisk and beat egg yolks
- Add Sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, and vanilla
- Mix well
- Pour into crust
- Bake 15 - 18 minutes. Pie should jiggle a little in the middle.
- Let cool on the counter for at least 30 minutes and chill in the fridge for 1.5 hours before serving
The middle will jiggle some when you take it out of the oven, but the pie will set when cool.
Perfect Pie For Your Next Party or Event:
- New Year’s Day or New Year’s Eve
- Valentine’s Day for your sweetheart
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Thanksgiving’s Day
- Wedding Showers
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers
- Anniversary parties
- Graduation parties
- Kid’s birthday parties
- Birthday parties
Enjoy your Key Lime Pie!