OK, Y’all every new recipe is my favorite! What can I say, but this sweet treat is DELICIOUS!! It’s Keto, Low Carb, Sugar Free, Gluten Free and a great treat for Diabetics! PLUS, it’s EASY, only 5 ingredients and takes minutes to prepare!! It is Keto Chocolate Cherry Peanut Clusters.
What can be better than Chocolate and Cherry together? Only if it’s Keto too could it be better and it is.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook HERE to never miss a recipe
Be sure to PIN the post to Pinterest to save for later HERE
I chose a sugar substitute called Pyure, it is a Stevia blend and has the texture of real sugar.
Other sugar substitute will work. The sugar substitute that is above is a granular texture. So, choose a substitute that is granular and not confectioners. A confectioners might work, but I have not tested it with this recipe.
If you would like to try the confectioner, then you could cut the recipe in half and try it. It possibly could work and taste great. Also, I know that there are liquid sugar substitutes and you could also try those and see how they turn out.
If in the future I try a different sweetener, then I’ll come back and add my results to this post.
And, as regarding the sugar free chocolate chips, there are a variety of sugar free chocolate chips. Usually, I bake with Hershey’s Sugar Free Chocolate Chips and that is because that is what my local supermarket sells. Lilly’s Sugar Free chocolate Chips is another great option if your local supermarket has them in stock.
And, there may be other brands coming out soon. Some of the sugar free chocolate chips have aspartame and some have stevia, so it is just your preference on which ones that you add to your recipe.
Keto Chocolate Cherry Peanut Clusters Ingredients:
- sugar free chocolate chips
- Pyure sweetener
- peanuts, salted or unsalted
- Cherry extract
Another great idea is that if you don’t like cherry extract or cherry flavored chocolate then you can leave out the cherry extract. Then, you’ll have chocolate peanut clusters which are delicious too.
I also do purchase my butter and peanuts at Aldi supermarket. The Pyure that I purchase is from Wal-mart and also the sugar free chocolate chips. My local supermarket doesn’t have the Cherry extract and so I buy it online at Wal-mart.com.
Other ingredient tips:
- hazel nuts
- pine nuts
- brazil nuts
- macadamia nuts
- pumpkin seeds
- sunflower seeds
- unsweetened coconut
- different extracts: ex. root beer, peppermint, banana, orange, strawberry, coconut, rum
- peanut clusters will melt at room temperature
- the clusters need to be refrigerated or frozen
- clusters will last 3 months in the freezer
- 1 bag sugar-free chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp Pyure sweetner or sweetner of your choice
- 1/2 C peanuts (salted or unsalted) your choice
- 1/2 tsp cherry extract
1. In a medium glass bowl, melt chocolate chips and butter together until chips are melted. Takes about 2 minutes, stir every minute.
2. After chips and butter are melted, add Pyure and Cherry extract. Stir well.
3. Add peanuts and combine
4. Place mixture by teaspoon onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet
5. Place in freezer for 15 minutes
6. Store in airtight container in the refrigerator
Nutritional Facts: each cluster: 70 cal., 9g fat, 1 net carb
Other Keto Dessert Recipes:
- delicious Keto Peanut Butter Pie Cupcakes
Try Some of our Delicious Keto Meals:
- yummy Keto Pizza Pocket