If a picture was worth a thousand words! Than this pic would be worth gold! This Keto Pizza Pocket is AMAZING!
Who doesn’t love, love, love convenient store deep fried foods, BUT they are not Keto approved foods :-(.
I took this Keto Dinner Roll recipe and rolled the dough out. Next, I stuffed the pizza pocket with pepperonis and cheese!!! The possibilities are endless with various stuffings.
Keto Pizza Pocket Ingredients (scroll down for full printable recipe)
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Cream Cheese
- Almond Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
Keto Pizza Pocket Fillings:
- breakfast sausage
- italian sausage
- ground beef
- canadian bacon
- breakfast pizza pocket with scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon. Maybe added some avocados.
- bell peppers
- black olives
First add all your favorite toppings to the inside of each pizza pocket, Second, add any shredded cheese, plus a low carb pizza sauce if desired.
I actually make my pizza sauce. First, I take a small can of tomato sauce, 1 tsp Italian seasoning and 1 tsp garlic powder. Second, if you like your pizza sauce on the sweet side just add about 1/2 tsp of an artificial sweetener, like Stevia or Splenda.
A few years ago, I started making my own sauce, because I always have tomato sauce on hand and most of the time I do not have any pizza sauce. However, pizza sauce can be purchased at your local supermarket if you don’t have time to make your own pizza sauce. Be sure to check your labels to find a pizza sauce with the lowest amount of sugar and net carbs.
Follow us on Social Media!
PIN this recipe to save for later!
- To send this Keto Pizza pocket over the top I brush melted garlic butter over the top after I take them from the oven.
- Dip pizza pockets in ranch dressing! YUMMY!!
- The recipe for the garlic butter is simple. I melt 1 tablespoon of butter and add 1/4 teaspoon or more, lol, of garlic powder to the melted butter. Next, after I take the pizza pockets from the oven I brush on the garlic butter. For looks and not really for taste I sometimes will add 1/4 teaspoon of Italian seasoning to the melted butter.
- Remember to be creative and try different fillings.
- Try a breakfast pizza pocket with scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon.
Dough ingredients: almond flour, eggs, cream cheese, shredded cheese, baking powder and baking soda.
- Be sure and use wax paper. The wax paper will keep the dough from sticking to the counter top and rolling pin
- If you roll the dough to thin just gather it up and roll it back into a ball and start over again
- The dough doesn’t have to be perfectly round to fold over
- If the dough breaks open while pressing down the edges than you can just pinch it together and it’ll cook fine
After I take my Pizza pockets from the oven I brush on melted garlic butter on top of each one.
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
- 3 oz cream cheese (softened)
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 42 pepperonis (7 pepperonis per pocket)
- 6 tbsp shredded cheese (1 tbsp cheese per pocket
Garlic Butter To Brush Over Pizza Pockets
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp Italian seasonings
- In a medium size microwave safe bowl melt the mozzarella cheese and cream cheese. Stirring every 30 seconds.
- Add eggs and mix well
- In a separate bowl, add the almond flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix well
- Combine the dry and wet ingredients and mix well
- Separate dough into 6 equal size balls
- Place dough into the refrigerator for approx. 20 minutes and take one dough ball out at a time to roll between wax paper. The dough is easier to roll out if it's cold.
- Place a ball of dough between wax paper and roll out with a rolling pin. Thickness will vary, if you roll it too thin and it tears just start over by forming the dough back into a ball and roll out again. It takes a little practice. Sometimes my dough will tear and I press it together and it bakes great.
- Place your toppings on one side of the dough. I have in this picture 7 chopped pepperonis.
- I added 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese. I didn't add any pizza sauce, but this is the time to do so if you would like sauce in your pizza pockets.
- Gently fold over and press down the edges.
- You can press down the edges with your fingers or use a fork. Either way works. Then I take a spatula and very gently place onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 400 for approximately 10 minutes or until desired brownness.
- While the pizza pockets are warm brush on the melted garlic butter over each pizza pocket.
Nutritional facts: each pocket 500 calories, 6 net carbs
Try Some Of Our Other Keto Breads:
I have made this recipe into Keto Cinnamon Rolls
Once you try baking these Keto dinner rolls then you should definitely try these Cinnamon Rolls, they do take a little effort, but are really worth the time.
Also, I have created a sandwich recipe with this dinner roll. It is a Keto Pork Chop Sandwich, with an almond breaded pork chop, Keto Cole Slaw and sugar free Barbecue sauce on a toasted keto dinner roll.
Try Some of Our Keto Dessert Recipes:
- yummy Keto Peanut Butter Pie Cupcakes
- Keto Chocolate Fudge Cake
- delicious Keto Lemon Shortbread Cookies
- Keto Cinnamon Cheesecake Chimichangas
If you make these Keto Pizza Pockets, be sure to share it with us on Instagram @thelazykkitchen. We’d love to see your finished dishes!