My family has made chicken quesadillas for many, many years. I believe that these best keto chicken quesadillas: easy 3 ingredients came from my husband who loves to cook also. Of course, his quesadillas were made with real flour tortillas and not keto/low carb tortillas. Both types of quesadillas are low calorie and make a great meal for those who want to do the keto diet or for those who are just watching their calorie intake.
Since, I have begun the keto diet I have found that these keto/low carb tortillas have really helped me to not eat bread made from flour. Usually, I make a couple different types of quesadillas, because my children like regular flour tortillas and that is great too!
These Keto Chicken Quesadillas have only three (3) ingredients! Plus, any dipping sauces that you want to add, which makes this meal easy and quick! And, who doesn’t love a meal that requires little time, but is so delicious!
For this recipe I used canned white chicken breast, BUT there are other options:
- Chicken breast in a can
- Frozen fulled cooked chicken in a bag
- Rotisserie chicken
- Cook a chicken breast
Different Quesadilla Fillings
- Browned ground beef
- Fulled cooked steak
- Different types of cheeses
- Spinach & scrambled eggs
- Bell Peppers
Try a Variety of Dipping Sauces for these Best Keto Chicken Quesadillas: Easy 3 Ingredients!
- Sour Cream
- Avocado salsa
- Picante sauce
- Ranch dressing
But, before we talk about this recipe, let’s learn more about the keto diet, because it is much more than eating a lot of BACON, LOL!
What is the Keto Diet?
The ketogenic diet focuses on high fat, low carb foods like eggs, meats, dairy, and low carb vegetables. Also, it consists of food that are sugar free and gluten free. A lot of individuals believe it is just a lot of protein, like a lot of bacon, but it is more than just eating a lot of bacon. It is limiting carb consumption to around 20 to 50 grams per day and filling up on fats, such as meat, fish, eggs, nuts, and healthy oils.
Low Carb – Meat, Poultry & Eggs
Low Carb – Fish and Shellfish
- Salmon (wild)
Low Carb – Cheese and Dairy
- Bleu cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Cream cheese
- Goat cheese
- Greek yogurt (plain)
- Mozzarella (whole milk)
Low Carb Fruit
Low Carb – Vegetables & Net Carb Count
- Asparagus: 1g
- Spinach: 2g
- Swiss Chard: 2g
- Celery: 2g
- Lettuce: 2g
- Avocado (technically a fruit): 2g
- Cabbage: 3g
- Green Olives: 3g
- Cucumber: 3g
- Cauliflower: 3g
- Zucchini: 3g
- Tomato: 3g
- Green Pepper: 3g
- Red Pepper: 4g
- Broccoli: 4g
- Brussels Sprouts: 5g
- Green Beans: 5g
Low Carb Oils and Healthy Fats
- Avocado oil
- Coconut butter
- Coconut oil
- Mayonnaise (with no added sugar)
- MCT oil
- Olive oil
- Safflower oil
- Sesame oil
- Walnut oil
Low Carb – Nuts and Seeds
- Brazil nuts
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Macadamia nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
Foods to Avoid on the Keto Diet
- Grains, biscuits, rolls, tortillas, pancakes, or waffles
- Starchy vegetables, i.e. corn, potatoes, yams, or sweet peas
- high sugar fruit: oranges, apples, watermelons, cantaloupe, grapes, or pineapples
- Sweetened yogurt.
- Juices, i.e. orange juice, grape juice, pineapple juice, or apple juice
- Honey, syrup or sugar in any form, maple syrup, or pancake syrup
- Chips, crackers, or cereals.
- Baked goods including gluten-free baked goods, cakes, cookies, or donuts.
- White rice, brown rice, or pasta
Step 1 – Best Keto Chicken Quesadillas: Easy 3 Ingredients (scroll down for printable recipe)
- Drain a can of Rotel tomatoes (optional due to carbs in tomatoes)
- Drain a can of chicken breast
- In a medium size bowl add tomatoes, chicken and shredded cheese. Mix well with a spoon.
- Place a medium size pan on medium heat
- Adding a little oil or butter is optional. If you have a non stick pan these aren’t necessary, it is just what you prefer. I like a little oil, so my tortillas are crispy.
- Place tortilla onto the pan
- Add 2/3 cup of the chicken mixture to one side of the tortilla and fold over
- Cook until cheese is melted and tortilla is browned.
- Take a pizza cutter and cut the quesadilla into 3-4 triangles and enjoy!
- 1 - 12.5oz can of chicken breast
- 1 can Rotel
- 3 cups shredded cheese
1. Drain a can of chicken breast and add to a medium size bowl
2. Drain a can of Rotel and add to the bowl
3. Add shredded cheese to the bowl and mix well
4. Place a medium size pan onto medium heat
5. Add optional oil or butter to pan and heat
6. Place tortilla onto pan and add about 2/3 cup of the chicken mixture to ONE side of the tortilla and fold over.
7. Cook until the cheese is melted and tortilla is brown.
Nutritional facts for 1 quesadilla/1 tortilla:
Net carbs 4.8
Try Our Other Keto recipes!
Keto Fudge Chocolate Cake