I don’t know if it can get much easier or delicious than this 4 Ingredient Easy Banana Pudding Recipe! My whole family loves this recipe and can’t get enough of it.
This is a delicious dessert to take to family gatherings and I’m sure that it will be a big hit! It makes for the perfect dessert.
This is an easy peasy, no bake banana pudding recipe. You can serve it almost immediately after making it although I think that it is best the next day. So, it’s a great recipe to make ahead of time like the night before and pop it into fridge overnight.
Scroll on down for the printable recipe card!
Easy Banana Pudding Ingredients
You may be wondering if you can make a yummy banana pudding with only 4 ingredients? Well, I’m here to tell you that YES, you most definitely can!
Here’s the list of the simple ingredients for this easy recipe:
- Fresh Bananas
- Instant Pudding Mix
- Vanilla Wafers
I know that some people will jump at me and start saying that I shouldn’t use instant pudding mix. If you have the time, then go ahead and whip you up some homemade pudding. But, sometimes you just need a last-minute dessert idea and you don’t always have time to make from scratch pudding. Trust me, it’s perfectly ok to use a box pudding mix. Most people won’t even be able to tell anyways! It’s a super easy take on a classic dessert.
There is also 1 additional ingredient that you can use, but it is completely optional! And, it’s cool whip or whipped cream. You can spread cool whip on for the top layer if you prefer or you can leave it off….It’s still super yummy without cool whip!
Bananas – You want to use ripe bananas. Even if they have a few brown spots, that’s perfectly ok! It’s actually probably better because those bananas will tend for be a littler sweeter.
Instant Pudding Mix – Make sure that it is INSTANT pudding and doesn’t require cooking. I used the French Vanilla flavored pudding. You could also substitute it for the regular instant vanilla pudding mix, but I like the french vanilla. If you wanted to really add a kick of banana flavor, you can use the Banana Cream flavored pudding.
Vanilla Wafers – This may just be the most important ingredient next to the bananas, of course. I love that after the pudding has set in the fridge for a few hours, how soft the wafers become. That’s probably my favorite part about creamy banana pudding.
Milk – I used whole milk. We usually always have 2% on hand, but I decided to grab the whole milk this time because I wanted the pudding to be as rich and creamy as possible.
PIN this recipe to save for later!
How to Make 4 Ingredient Banana Pudding
1. Add a layer of Vanilla wafer cookies to the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish
2. Slice your bananas in approx. 1/4” – 1/2” slices.
3. Layer you fresh banana slices over your layer of vanilla wafers
4. In a large mixing bowl, whisk your cold milk and instant pudding mix
5. Pour the pudding over layer of sliced bananas and top of the cookies
6. Add extra vanilla wafers to the top of the pudding. You could also top with cool whip if you want prefer. I wouldn’t recommend adding extra bananas to the top because once the bananas are opened and the air hits them, they will start to turn brown. They won’t turn brown as quickly underneath all that pudding though.
7. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until ready to serve. You can serve it almost immediately as the pudding sets in 5 minutes. But, for best results, chill overnight.
FAQ’s about Banana Pudding
How long does Banana Pudding last in the refrigerator? It can last about 3-4 days in the fridge.
How do you keep the Bananas from turning brown? As soon as a banana is peeled and the air hits it, it can begin to turn brown. So, the best way to avoid this is to make sure that the layers of fresh bananas are completely covered by the pudding so that air can’t get to them. And, if add you bananas to the top of your dessert, do it right before serving.
Can I use a Different Flavor of pudding mix? I used french vanilla as that is just my preference. But, you can also swap it out and use regular vanilla or even banana cream flavored pudding mix
Do I have to use Whole Milk? No, you could use fat-free milk, skim milk or 2%. The pudding will just not be as rich and creamy as if it were made with the whole milk.
Try one of our other Delicious Recipes
- Red Velvet Poke Cake
- Granny Eppler’s Peach Cobbler
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars
- Pistachio Cookies
- Cranberry Pecan White Chocolate Chip Cookies
Homemade Banana Pudding Recipe
- 1 Box Vanilla Wafers
- 2 (3.4 oz) boxes of French Vanilla Instant Pudding Mix
- 4 C Milk
- 3 Bananas
- Add a layer of Vanilla wafer cookies to the bottom of a 9 x 13 casserole dish
- Slice your bananas in approx. 1/4'' - 1/2'' slices.
- Layer you fresh banana slices over your layer of vanilla wafers
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk your cold milk and instant pudding mix
- Pour the pudding over the layer of sliced bananas and top of the cookies
- Add extra vanilla wafers to the top of the pudding. You could also top with cool whip if you want prefer. I wound't recommend adding extra bananas to the top because once the bananas are opened and the air hits them, they will start to turn brown. They won't turn brown as quickly underneath all that pudding though.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until serving. You can serve it almost immediately as the pudding sets in 5 minutes. But, for best results, chill overnight.
- You can swap out the french vanilla pudding for regular vanilla or even banana cream pudding.
- If you choose to top with bananas, add them to the top right before serving to avoid them turning brown
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 302
We’d love to see your dessert! If you make this easy banana pudding recipe or a different recipe from our blog, be sure to tag us @thelazyKkitchen on social media so we can see your awesome creations!