These Summer Sausage Rice Egg Rolls are very easy to make and the rice can also make a great side dish. This recipe is different than other egg roll recipes because other recipes use cabbage and in this recipe I use rice. You can also use different vegetables like peas, or corn. Besides summer sausage you can also use spam, hot links or other kinds of meat. You can also use our other recipe Super Easy Fried Rice as the inside filling instead.
Summer Sausage Rice Egg Rolls Ingredients
- Summer Sausage
- Soy Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
Follow us on Social Media!
PIN this recipe to save for later!
Instructions (scroll down for printable version)
The first step is to cook your rice. I used regular rice but to make the recipe easier you can use instant rice. After the rice is done set aside for later.
Drizzle oil in a skillet and cook the carrot and onions, sprinkle pepper over them to taste. Cook until the carrots are soft. After the carrots are soft add the summer sausage and cook until the summer sausage is slightly brown.
Then add the rice, Soy sauce and the Worcestershire sauce and stir together. After you add the rice and the sauces continue to stir and cook for just a couple minutes to blend the ingredients together.
After the rice mixture is cooked start making the egg rolls. To make egg rolls have a small bowl of water. Lay one of the wrappers out in front of you and position it so it looks like a diamond. Next spoon some of the rice mixture in the middle and fold the corner that’s pointing to you over the rice. Then dip one of your fingers in the small bowl of water and dab on each side corner and fold each of the corners over the middle. Next dab a little of the water on the top corner and roll the egg roll to the top, and make sure that the top corner is secure and you might have to add a little bit more water so the top corner stays down.
The next step is to fry the egg rolls. For these I used a deep fryer that has a basket so it’s easier to pull the egg rolls out of the hot oil. Place a couple of the egg rolls in the basket and lower the egg rolls in the hot oil. Fry until the egg rolls are a golden brown and lift the fried egg rolls out of the oil and place on a plate with paper towels and set aside. Continue frying until all of the egg rolls are fried.
Then the final step is to eat the egg rolls, what’s really good is to eat the egg rolls with sweet and sour sauce. But, you can have them with any of your favorite dipping sauces.
- Instead of the summer sausage you can also use ground beef, shredded chicken, spam, or hot links.
- You can also use different vegetables like chopped broccoli, spinach, sweet peas, or corn.
- If you don’t have a deep fryer, you can use just a regular pot or pan with oil to fry the egg rolls.
- 1 cup rice uncooked
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 medium onion
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 link summer sausage
1. Follow the cooking instructions and prepare the rice and set aside.
2. In a skillet with oil cook the carrots and onion and sprinkle pepper over them to taste, cook until the carrots are soft.
3. After carrots and onions are cooked add summer sausage and cook slightly.
4. Add rice, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce, mix and cook for another minute or two then set aside.
5. Lay out the egg roll wrappers and have a small bowl of water to the side, spoon approx. 3 to 4 Tbsp of the rice mixture in each wrapper and fold.
6. Now deep fry each of the egg rolls until they are a golden brown.
7. Serve with sweet and sour sauce or any sauce of your choice.
Be sure to check out our other dinner recipes
- Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Creamy Mozzarella & Tomato Pasta With Italian Chicken
- Ginger & Pineapple Chicken
- Super Easy Fried Rice
- Savory Brown Sugar Meatloaf
- Easy Italian Seasoned Chicken Breast
- Ground Beef & Bean Enchiladas
If you make these Summer Sausage Rice Egg Rolls, be sure to share it with us on Instagram @thelazykkitchen. We’d love to see your finished dish!