Talk about some creamy, comfort food! I love pasta and I especially love pasta that is topped with a creamy, cheesy sauce. I made the sauce completely from scratch and let me tell you, it’s not hard at all! It’s packed full of all the flavors from the Italian Seasoned Chicken, Mozzarella Cheese, Minced Garlic and full of Cherry Tomatoes! Garnish with extra tomatoes and fresh basil = the Perfect Dinner! Creamy Mozzarella & Tomato Pasta
Let’s start with the Italian Seasoned Chicken Breast –
Do not underestimate the flavor that just a few simple ingredients can give to this chicken! I used Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt & pepper and I cooked my chicken in a cast iron skillet with a little olive oil and everyone loved it. So simple and easy, yet so flavorful.
This would also be a great chicken to make up and keep in the fridge to put on top of salads. Especially, for those individuals who are on a keto diet, low carb diet, sugar free diet or gluten free diet. I know that a lot of diabetics do not need pasta and so this Italian Seasoned chicken breast would be perfect for those individuals. They could simply add a side salad or some green beans and have a delicious meal. I also like to cut this chicken up and add it to the top of a mixed salad.
Cooking it in the cast iron skillet just enhanced all the flavors and helped to get this nice golden color all around the chicken, however if you do not have a cast iron skillet – any type of skillet will work perfectly.
Follow us on Social Media!
PIN this recipe to save for later!
Sauce Ingredients –
The sauce is really simple to make! It’s creamy, cheesy and packed full of flavor. The key to making the sauce the absolute best is to make it in the same skillet that you cooked your chicken in. That way the sauce can soak up all the flavors from the seasoning on the chicken.
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Minced Garlic
- Heavy Whipping Cream
- Salt & Pepper
- Pasta Water to thin
Another thing to remember is that when you cook your pasta, be sure to save some of the water to use later to thin your sauce.
- Add this chicken to any green leafy salad
- Cook sauce in the same pan that you cook the chicken in
- Save the pasta water to later thin your sauce if need be while first preparing it
- Meal prep by freezing individual portions
- If leftovers are too thick the next day then add a little cream or milk before heating up
- Replace chicken with sirloin steak and cook this recipe the same way
- 3 Chicken Breast (cut lengthwise in half to make them thinner to cook faster)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian Seasoning PER each piece of chicken
- 1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder PER each piece of chicken
- 2 TBS Olive Oil
- 12 oz Bowtie Pasta (cooked)
- Reserve a couple cups of pasta water to use later to thin your sauce if needed
- 8 oz Mozzarella Cheese (shredded)
- 8 oz Heavy Whipping Cream
- 2 TBS Flour (All-Purpose)
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 1 C Cherry Tomatoes (Cut in Half)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Fresh Basil (optional)
- More Cherry Tomatoes (optional)
- Cut chicken breast down the middle lengthwise
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken with italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt & pepper
- I used a cast iron skillet, Cook over medium heat in a little olive oil unitl golden brown on each side and no pink in the middle
- Set chicken aside, using the same skillet you cooked the chicken in, add in the minced garlic and cook for only a minute or two. You do not want to burn your garlic
- Add in the flour, mix well and add in the heavy whipping cream.
- Whisk until the mixture become thick, add in the cheese, salt & pepper
- The sauce may seem very thick, thin it down with the pasta water.
- Add in the cherry tomatoes.
- Serve over Pasta with the italian chicken topped with extra tomatoes and fresh basil if you like
- I don't give exact measurements for the salt and pepper becasue everyone is different and it's basically just what you prefer. We don't use a lot of salt around here, so what I like someone else may think is bland.
- You could easily mix in the pasta and the chicken into the sauce before serving, it's completely up to you. That's probably what I'll do next time.
This would be great served with a side salad.
And, let me tell you, the leftovers are just as good as it was the first day, if not better! They may actually be even better because all of the flavors have had time to combine and mix together.
Try some of our other recipes!
- Chicken Mac & Cheese Casserole
- The Easiest Chicken Pot Pie
- Super Easy 2 Ingredient Spanish Rice
- Ground Beef and Bean Enchiladas
- Easy Dorito Chicken Casserole
- Savory Brown Sugar Meatloaf
- Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Creamy Mozzarella & Tomato Pasta with Italian Chicken
- Ginger & Pineapple Chicken
Plus, dessert recipes!!
- Butterfinger Caramel Cake
- Granny Eppler’s Peach Cobbler
- S’more Cookies
- Orange Dream Cookies
- Strawberry Delight Cheesecake
If you make this Creamy Mozzarella & Tomato Pasta, be sure to share it with us on Instagram @thelazykkitchen. We’d love to see your finished dish!