Summer time means that it’s time to grill, right? This Easy Italian Seasoned Chicken Breast would be perfect to grill for those nice summer days. This chicken is seasoned with only 4 simple ingredients, but is packed with tons of flavor!
I didn’t grill mine, I cooked it in a little olive oil in a cast iron skillet, But I can only imagine how much more flavor it would have grilled!
This is great served as a main course with some side dishes or it makes for a flavorful salad! And, the way that my mom has been growing all the romaine lettuce in the garden, I think we will be eating lots of salads this summer.
Like salads with every meal, even breakfast. 🙂
I may be experimenting with lots of different salad recipes this summer, lol.
Anyway, back to the chicken. The seasoning is so simple and I didn’t use 10 different spices. Other than salt & pepper, I only used 2 seasonings. But, it still has all the wonderful spices of basil, oregano, thyme and rosemary.
I used Garlic Powder & Italian Seasoning. My mom has always cooked chicken breast and seasoned it with salt, pepper & garlic powder, which has been good. I wouldn’t have ever thought that by just adding the Italian seasoning that it would have so much more flavor to it!
Follow us on Social Media for more Recipes!
PIN this recipe to save for later!
- This chicken is great to freeze. After the chicken has cooled from frying just place it into a freezer bag, whole or cut into strips (for a salad). Then, it is ready to pull out anytime that you would like to top some on a salad or have with a salad.
- BUY a cooking thermometer if you don’t have one! Do not overcook. In all the years cooking, I have never owned a cooking thermometer and when I finally bought one I now never have overcooked dried chicken! LOL. I was always afraid that I would not cook the chicken long enough and so I overcooked it. BUT, not anymore! LOL
I think that this picture says it all!
I cooked 3 chicken breast and that will feed our family of 6. I cut the breast in half lengthways down the middle, so they would be thinner and cook quicker.
I just sprinkled the seasonings on each side and cooked over medium heat in a cast iron skillet with a little olive oil. However, if you do not have a cast iron skillet, then any skillet will work for this recipe. But, a cast iron skillet is a great investment that you will not regret.
Cook on each side until nice and golden brown, then flip and cook until no pink in the middle.
As I previously mentioned this is great on top a salad (my moms favorite way to eat it,) and it also goes great on top of pasta with a cheesy, homemade sauce!
This Creamy Mozzarella and Tomato Pasta topped with Italian Chicken recipe will be coming later this week. I’ll be sure to come back and tag it here so y’all can find it. Trust me, this is one that you will want to make!
- 3 Chicken Breasts
- Salt & Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
- Cut chicken breast down the middle lengthwise
- Spinkle with salt & pepper, as much as you prefer
- Sprinkle each breast with 1/4 tsp each of garlic powder & italian seasoning ( I sprinkle both sides of the breast)
- Cook over medium heat in a little olive oil unitl golden brown on each side and no pink in the middle
I’d love to see what all you create using our recipes! Be sure to tag us @thelazykkitchen on Instagram so we can see!
Try Our Other Recipes!
Keto Fudge Chocolate Cake