This Ground Beef & Bean Enchiladas recipe has been on my families’ dinner menu for years. While I was typing up this post I was trying to remember how and when that this recipe came to our Dinner table. And, I can’t remember. I have baked these enchiladas for so many years that I can’t remember not eating these enchiladas.
I believe that all families probably do this. And that is, that we are creatures of habit and we tend to cook and fix the same meals over and over. While they may be new to some, but they are the same go-to meals for others. This is one of those meals that I try to cook every 2 weeks, but sometimes I make them once a week.
Plus, this is a meal in which I always have leftovers. I will take the leftovers, after they have baked and cooled, place them in a airtight bowls and place them in the freezer. Then, they are ready to be pulled out and microwaved.
The flour tortillas taste perfect have being frozen and reheated. Gerald, my husband, takes his lunch to work and these are an easy meal for him to grab in the mornings before work.
Another great idea with this recipe is that I’ll make these ahead of time and bake later in the day. Sometimes, in the mornings I’ll have some free time, so I’ll brown my ground beef and roll these enchiladas up. Then, when it is time for Dinner I’ll place my dish into the oven and this makes for less hassle at Dinnertime.
Follow us on social media to never miss any new recipes!
PIN this recipe to save for later!
Ground Beef & Bean Enchiladas (scroll down for full recipe)
- ground beef
- refried beans
- flour tortillas
- red or green enchilada sauce
- shredded cheese
- toppings: sour cream, salsa, guacamole
There are a couple different types of enchilada sauces. I make these enchiladas with both red or green sauce. Usually, it depends on what is in stock at my local supermarket. Sometimes, Aldis has green enchilada sauce and sometimes they don’t.
Wal-mart sells both sauces and most local supermarkets sell both types of sauces. So, it is really a preference to which one you bake with, but be sure to try both.
As far as toppings the list could be long. Around our house we add sour cream, salsa and guacamole salsa. But, you could add diced onion, lettuce, avocado, diced tomato, or hot sauce.
Side dishes can also be added to this enchilada meal. A great side dish that my family enjoys is spanish rice. My daughter, Kylee, has created a great recipe for spanish rice. It’s super quick and only has 2 ingredients!
But, side dishes are like toppings and the list can be endless 🙂
Enchilada Directions (scroll down for printable recipe)
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat.
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place a tortilla on a plate and spoon on refried beans
4. Spoon browned ground beef on top of the refried beans
5. Roll Tortilla
6. Place tortilla into a greased baking dish
7. Pour Red or Green enchilada sauce over tortillas. Both enchilada sauces are good. Some of my family prefers red and some green, so I’ll take turns making these enchiladas with red or green enchilada sauce.
8. Sprinkle cheese over enchiladas
9. Bake until cheese is melted
- 2 lbs browned ground beef
- 1 - 16oz can of refried beans
- 12 - 14 flour tortillas
- 1 - 10oz can of enchilada sauce (red or green)
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- toppings optional of sour cream, salsa, diced onions, tomatoes, lettuce or guacamole
- In a medium skillet brown the ground beef
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Place a tortilla on a plate
- Spoon 1-2 Tbsp of refried beans onto a flour tortilla
- Spoon 3-4 Tbsp of browned ground beef on top of refried beans
- Roll up tortilla and place into greased baking dish
- Continute to fill each tortilla
- Pour enchilada sauce over tortillas
- Sprinkle cheese over the top of the sauce
- Bake until cheese is melted, approx. 15 minutes
- Serve, refrigerate or freeze leftovers
Try some of our other recipes!
- Taco Casserole
- Super Easy 2 Ingredient Spanish Rice
- Easy Dorito Chicken Casserole
- Savory Brown Sugar Meatloaf
Enjoy One of Our Desserts
- Key Lime Pie
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Butterfinger Caramel Cake
- Granny Eppler’s Peach Cobbler
- S’more Cookies
- Orange Dream Cookies
- Strawberry Delight Cheesecake
Need another easy Dinner idea? Try our Dorito Casserole
If you ever make one of our recipes, be sure to tag us on Instagram! We love seeing what everyone makes with our recipes!