Before I talk about the best Starbucks mocha drinks, let’s talk about mocha drinks in general. Coffee and chocolate drinks have become very popular over the past few years. Little coffee shops and big chain coffee houses have been popping up everywhere.
I know that the town close to where I live has more than I can count, so there is no shortage of places to buy mocha drinks.
So, What is a Mocha Drink?
Mocha is short for a mocha latte or caffe mocha. Per wikipedia a Mocha drink is a caffe mocha, also called mocaccino, is a chocolate flavored warm beverage that is a variant of a catte latte, commonly served in a glass rather than a mug.
Other commonly used spellings are mochaccino and also mochachino. The basis is a shot of espresso combined with a chocolate powder or syrup then followed by milk or cream.
What are the Main Ingredients in a Mocha Drink?
- Milk – sweet cream, coconut milk, almond milk, soy milk, oat milk or whole milk
What are the optional Ingredients in a Mocha Drink?
- Chocolate syrup
- Chantilly cream
- White mocha sauce
- Iced version or iced mocha
- Caramel sauce
- Peppermint sauce
- Strawberry sauce
What kind of drink is a mocha?
A Starbucks mocha drinks are any drink that is chocolate and coffee together. I just don’t see how you can go wrong with adding chocolate to any drink, lol. There’s nothing better than a sweet drink and a double chocolate chip cookie.
Is mocha just coffee and hot chocolate?
Mocha is more like a blend of a cappuccino and a hot chocolate. A cappuccino is espresso, warm milk and a frothy top, but with chocolate added to it either by skinny mocha syrup, chocolate chips, mocha drizzle, chocolate curls, java chips, pumps of regular mocha sauce
Is mocha Just coffee and hot chocolate?
What exactly is mocha? A mocha is a blend of a cappuccino and a hot chocolate. Like a cappuccino it contains espresso, warm milk and a frothy top but it also contains a sweet chocolatey twist using either chocolate powder, chocolate syrup or melted chocolate.
Top 37 Best Starbuck Mocha Drinks
- Mocha cookie crumble frappuccino – What is in a mocha cookie crumble? Ice, milk, coffee frappuccino syrup, whipped cream, coffee, mocha sauce, frappuccino chips, and cookie crumbles.
- Java Chip frappuccino – What is in a java chip frappuccino? Ice, milk, coffee frappuccino syrup, whipped cream, coffee, mocha sauce and frappuccino chips.
- Peppermint Mocha, Peppermint white chocolate mocha frappuccino – What is in a peppermint mocha? Milk, peppermint syrup, mocha sauce, chocolate curls topping, and whipped cream.
- Toasted white chocolate mocha – What is in a toasted white chocolate mocha? Milk, toasted white chocolate mocha syrup, brewed espresso, whipped cream, holiday sugar sprinkles.
- Caffe mocha
- Starbucks reserve dark chocolate mocha
- Starbucks White chocolate mocha, iced white chocolate mocha – What is in a white chocolate mocha? Milk, white chocolate mocha syrup, whipped cream, espresso.
- Classic Mocha – espresso, steamed milk, and chocolate syrup
- Salted Caramel Mocha – espresso, steamed milk, and a combination of mocha and caramel syrups
- Toasted White Chocolate Mocha – espresso, steamed milk, and toasted white chocolate mocha sauce
- White Peppermint Mocha – espresso, steamed milk, white chocolate mocha sauce, and peppermint syrup
- Black and White Mocha – espresso, white and dark chocolate mocha sauces
- Dark Mocha Frappuccino – coffee, mocha sauce, and milk, and blended with ice
- White Chocolate Mocha Frappuccino – espresso with white chocolate sauce and milk, blended with ice and topped with whipped cream
- Iced White Chocolate Mocha
- Skinny Mocha – espresso, steamed non-fat milk, and sugar-free mocha syrup
- Mocha Frappuccino – espresso, milk, and mocha sauce
- Coconut milk Mocha Macchiato – espresso, coconut milk, and chocolate sauce
- Iced Caffè Mocha – espresso, milk, and mocha sauce, served over ice
- Salted Caramel Cream Mocha Cold Brew
- Hot cocoa
- White Hot Chocolate
- Cookies & Cream Cold Brew
- Iced Mocha
- S’mores Mocha
- Midnight Mint Mocha Frappuccino
- Thin Mint Mocha
- Mexican Hot Chocolate
- Nutella Mocha
- Peppermint Mocha Frappuccino
- Peppermint Mocha Latte
- Chocolate Mousse Macchiato
- Classic Mocha Frappuccino
- Hot White Chocolate Mocha
- Cocoa Cloud Macchiato
- Chocolate Macchiato
- Turtle Macchiato
How do you customize my Starbucks mocha drinks?
- You can add an extra espresso shots to any size of drink
- You can make a drink “skinny” which means no sugar, non-fat milk and no whipped cream
- You can make it a decaf with decaf espresso
How can I customize my coffee drinks at Starbucks?
- Add caramel drizzle or caramel cream
- Add a white chocolate sauce
- Add white chocolate mocha sauce
- Add chocolate syrup
- Add peppermint syrup
- Add a dolce syrup
- Add a toffee nut syrup
- Add pumps of vanilla syrup
- Add pumps of mocha sauce
- Add cold foam
- Add shots of espresso
- Add bittersweet mocha sauce
Let’s talk about the “secret menu item or secret menu drink”. There really is no such thing and the baristas will not know what you are talking about if you ask for a different drink name that is not on the Starbucks menu.
Now, you can explain a different type of new drinks that’s not on the starbucks drinks menu, but not a NEW NAME that is not on the menu. I know that all sounds confusing, but it’s really not, so just explain to your local Starbucks barista what you would like in your perfect drink