For a Keto or Low carb diet the best 3 ingredients are in this Keto Spinach & Bacon Omelette! Eggs, bacon and avocado. And, we all know that ketogenic dieters LOVE eggs, bacon and avocados! When I first began my keto journey I ate so many eggs AND bacon AND avocados that I did burn myself out on them, LOL. AND, at first I gained weight, because I ate TOO MUCH bacon, LOL. I’m not sure if all keto dieters do this, but I have to watch my calorie intake too. Because, at first I ate way too many calories! LOL, and at 4’11” I have to watch more than carbohydrate intake.
This recipe is made quicker than most, because I chose to add already chopped bell peppers and onions. I LOVE the convenience of chopped frozen veggies! Plus, I added real bacon bits to this omelette. These two (2) steps are time saving for those mornings or evenings when you don’t have extra time to cook.
What is the Keto Diet?
The ketogenic diet focuses on high fat, low carb foods like eggs, meats, dairy, and low carb vegetables. Also, it consists of food that are sugar free and gluten free. A lot of individuals believe it is just a lot of protein, like a lot of bacon, but it is more than just eating a lot of bacon. It is limiting carb consumption to around 20 to 50 grams per day and filling up on fats, such as meat, fish, eggs, nuts, and healthy oils.
Ketogenic Vegetables & Net Carb Count
- Asparagus: 1g
- Spinach: 2g
- Swiss Chard: 2g
- Celery: 2g
- Lettuce: 2g
- Avocado (technically a fruit): 2g
- Cabbage: 3g
- Green Olives: 3g
- Cucumber: 3g
- Cauliflower: 3g
- Zucchini: 3g
- Tomato: 3g
- Green Pepper: 3g
- Red Pepper: 4g
- Broccoli: 4g
- Brussels Sprouts: 5g
- Green Beans: 5g
Foods to Avoid on the Keto Diet
- Starchy vegetables and high-sugar fruits.
- Sweetened yogurt.
- Honey, syrup or sugar in any form.
- Chips and crackers.
- Baked goods including gluten-free baked goods.
The ingredients in this recipe can be easily changed. These omelettes can be made with any meat, for example: breakfast sausage, ham or turkey. Also, any veggies can be added to this recipe; tomatoes, mushrooms, jalapenos or even zucchini squash. The possibilities are endless with this recipe!
- Change up the protein ingredients
- cooked breakfast sausage
- diced ham or chop up some deli ham
- frozen grilled chicken
- browned ground beef
- Change up the vegetables
- zucchine squash
Keto Spinach & Bacon Omelette Ingredients (scroll down for full recipe)
- bell peppers
- bacon bits
- shredded cheese
- salt & pepper
- avocado (optional)
1. Add eggs to a bowl and beat well (scroll down for printable version)
2. Melt butter in a medium size pan over medium heat.
3. I like to saute my peppers and onions, but this step is optional.
4. Pour eggs into pan. Next, sprinkle in all other ingredients
The above step takes a few minutes. You will cook until the omelette is almost cooked through to the top. Once the edges can be lifted up I take a spatula and flip over.
Then, You will need to cook for a few more minutes until the egg is completely cooked in the middle. To check the egg I lift up the top part of the omelette around the edges and you should be able to tell if the egg is done.
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup frozen peppers & onion
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 Tbsp real bacon bits
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp shredded cheese
- Avocado (optional)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Beat eggs in a small bowl
- Heat butter in a medium size pan over medium heat
- Pour eggs into pan
- Add peppers, onions, spinach, bacon bits and cheese to top of egg
- Cook until egg is almost done and flip half of omelette over
- Cook for a few more minutes until egg is cooked
- Serve and enjoy
Net carb 1.5
Try Some of Our Other Keto Recipes!
Easy Breakfast Idea – Keto Pepper Jack Sausage Balls
Another quick idea – Keto Jalapeno Poppers
PLUS, Keto Dessert Recipes!!
- Easy Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- No bake Keto Peanut butter Pie Cupcakes
- Keto Chocolate Caramel Pecan Clusters