Do you need a new ketogenic diet recipe?
This is an easy recipe that will have the entire family running to the dinner table! Even your picky eaters will love this great recipe of cheesy goodness made from low carb ingredients. “Easy Keto Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Casserole Recipe”
This Keto broccoli casserole recipe is such an amazing keto dinner or lunch. I always cook extra for meal prepping, plus this recipe makes 8 servings, so I have plenty to freeze for later. However, with 6 people in my household there are usually NO leftovers, lol. “Easy Keto Chicken Broccoli Casserole: Low Carb Recipe”
But, what I LOVE most about this chicken recipe is that I can make it with canned white chicken breasts. Which is already cooked, so not having to cook my chicken makes this recipe so much quicker to get to the table. Plus, this low carb chicken broccoli casserole is a VERY simple recipe! It has only a few ingredients, plus 2-3 net carbs depending on if you serve 6 servings or 8 servings.
Not only is this recipe simple it is a one pot and baking dish meal. The cooking time is less than 30 minutes from start to finish! So, it is an easy clean-up meal, plus a quick meal.
What is a chicken broccoli casserole made of?
This keto friendly casserole has only a few simple ingredients which can be purchased as your local grocery store. I believe that your entire family will love this cheesy casserole! It can be made a couple different ways. You can cook your chicken breasts first or you can purchase canned chicken breasts (cooked) or a rotisserie chicken. I love the easy ways, lol, so I always have canned chicken breast in my pantry for quick casserole recipes.
- olive oil, coconut oil, or butter (your choice)
- chicken breast – canned white chicken breasts, frozen already cooked chicken, leftover chicken or store-bought rotisserie chicken
- broccoli florets – fresh broccoli florets, steamed broccoli or frozen broccoli (optional substitution is cauliflower florets)
- shredded cheddar cheese (choose your favorite kind of cheese) or homemade cheese sauce
- salt and black pepper (optional)
What can I season my easy keto broccoli casserole with?
There are so many types of seasonings at your local grocery store. I have tried all of these following seasonings for different keto casseroles. My whole family loves the McCormicks Smokehouse Maple seasoning on their chicken. I love just salt and black pepper, however with chicken and broccoli you can’t go wrong with any kind of seasoning.
- black pepper
- McCormicks Smokehouse Maple
- garlic powder
- onion powder
Try Different Meat or Cheeses!
- roast beef
- sharp cheddar
- mozzarella cheese
- pepper jack
- monterey jack
- parmesan cheese
- gouda cheese
- cheese sauce – homemade sauce recipe: heavy cream, butter, cream cheese, salt, Rotel and shredded cheese
How do I make an easy chicken broccoli casserole? (scroll down for recipe card)
This keto casserole is easy to make and the cooking time is approximately 30 minutes from start to finish.
- Melt butter or add olive oil to a large skillet and place on medium heat
- Add chicken breast and cook until chicken reaches 165 degree f with a meat therometer. If you are adding already cooked chicken then continue to next step
- Add broccoli florets and cover with lid
- Simmer 15 minutes until you have tender broccoli
- Add shredded cheese and cover with lid
- Simmer until cheese is melted the way you like it.
What is the perfect side dish to go with a cheesy chicken broccoli casserole?
Need the perfect delicious side dish? When you are planning side dishes to go with your low-carb casseroles choose vegetables that are low in net carbs (which I have listed a few below). Stay away from high carb vegetable like corn, potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, sweet peas or beans. And, definitely stay away from the potato chips! Lol
- green beans
- seasoned cauliflower rice
- side salad
- sauteed cabbage
- cole slaw
- bacon wrapped brussel sprouts
- zucchini squash
- sauteed mushrooms
What can of toppings can I add to my cheesy keto broccoli casserole dish?
- pork rinds for a crunchy topping
- chopped green onions
- bacon bits
Easy Keto Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Casserole Recipe
Keto chicken broccoli casserole recipe Q&A’s!
Can I make a cheesy keto chicken broccoli casserole in an Instant pot? Yes, it will take approximately 5 minutes on high. If your chicken is raw then you will need to saute the chicken until done before you pressure cook your casserole. However, if you are adding cooked chicken then add the rest of the ingredients and cook the broccoli recipe for the 5 minutes.
How do I cook a cheesy broccoli casserole in a slow cooker? Yes, add all of your ingredients to your slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 4 hours. Serve with your favorite side dishes.
Is a low-carb chicken broccoli casserole a complete meal? Yes, this low carb chicken recipe is a complete meal. However, you can add your favorite side dishes to this casserole meal. Low-friendly side dishes like green beans, bacon wrapped asparagus or a side salad.
Can I eat keto broccoli cheese casserole leftovers the next day? Yes, this easy low carb chicken casserole can be ate the next day. Simply, place leftovers into an airtight container or place a sheet of aluminum foil or plastic wrap over your casserole dish. Then, place the leftovers into the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days or up to 3 months into the freezer.
How to have juicy chicken? The key to tender chicken is to not OVERCOOK the chicken. Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of your chicken and when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees f then your chicken is fully cooked.
What are healthy fats on the keto diet?
- Avocados and avocado oil
- Nuts, Nut and seed butters
- Flax seeds
- Hemp hearts
- Chia seeds
- Olive oil
- coconut oil
Is chicken broth keto-friendly? Yes, any type of meat broth is considered keto friendly or low carb friendly.
Is sour cream keto-friendly? Yes, regular or full fat sour cream is considered keto friendly.
- freeze individual leftovers for easy meal prep
- saute some onions in a skillet before adding the chicken
- saute bell peppers in a skillet before adding the chicken
- Can chicken is always an easy option, but there are other chicken options as well. Usually, I have in my freezer is the already cooked grilled chicken strips and those are also delicious in this recipe.
- Also, differents types of veggies can be added to this meal. Local supermarkets have a variety of frozen stir fry for easy meals like this one.
This low-carb chicken recipe is the ultimate creamy comfort food. Even tho this recipe is called “keto”, I believe that your whole family will enjoy this comforting casserole dish. Y’all should definitely give this recipe a try.
Easy Keto Low Carb Broccoli Cheese Casserole Recipe