There is nothing better in the Summertime as a juicy burger. Piled high with your favorite toppings; fresh garden tomatoes, purple onion, lettuce, pickles, cheese and your favorite condiment. “Best frying pan for burgers”
For my family as soon as the weather begins to warm up we are ready to grill hamburgers and hotdogs. But, whether you are cooking your burgers on a grill or in your best frying pans nothing is better than homemade burgers.
Chef answered questions about the best burgers!
What kind of meat do I make burgers with?
- Ground chuck
- Regular ground beef
- Pre-made hamburger patties
- Ground chicken
- Ground turkey
- Ground venison
- Black bean burgers or vegetarian burgers
What to add to burgers before cooking? For extra flavor to your hamburgers there are a variety of seasonings to add to the ground meat before cooking. The top seasoning is salt and most experts say to add the salt after the burger patty is made to give the patty a brown crust.
A coarse salt or a kosher salt is also recommended for the best flavor.
What is the best thing to cook burgers in? For best results, the best frying pan is a cast-iron skillet. A cast iron skillet has nonstick properties and cooks evenly and efficiently. When cooking burgers, you need a hot skillet and a cast-iron pan has the ability to endure high temperatures to brown meats for the best hamburgers.
Should I put olive oil or butter on my burgers? Either one of these is an excellent choice to add extra flavor to a good burger. These also prevent you from having dry burgers and should make delicious homemade hamburgers.
Is it better to grill or pan fry burgers? Either one of these cooking surface are good for cooking the perfect burgers. The only difference is the cook time, if you desire a medium burger or a well done burger. Cooking over medium high heat on one side for 3-5 minutes and then on the opposite side until done.
How long do you cook hamburgers in a frying pan? The internal temperature of a hamburger should be between 160 -165 degrees. Whether the hamburgers are cooked over medium heat or medium-high heat be sure that the cast iron pan is hot before you add a little oil and then the burgers.
Then, cook on the first side for 3-4 minutes and turning to cook the second side until done. Lastly, adding a slice of cheese until slightly melted, then placing burger onto a paper towel to absorb any extra oils.
Can you fry hamburgers in a frying pan? Yes, you can cook hamburgers in any type of non-stick skillet. Home cooks have been frying the perfect hamburger at home for years.
Can I cook hamburgers in an electric skillet? Yes, as long as your electric skillet is non-stick. Any pan is the right pan if it is non-stick.
Pro Tip(s) for the best pan-fried burger on the stove!
- Types of meat – choose your favorite type of ground meat
- Seasonings – salt, black pepper and garlic powder (remember to add the salt last after the hamburger patty has been made)
- Form the patties – some individuals like thicker, bigger patties, however I like thinner patties that have a larger surface area to brown and become crispy. So, this is a personal preference.
- Cooking process – over medium-high heat fry the hamburger patties in a hot pan with a little oil until done or until the internal temperature is between 160-165 degrees.
Types of pan-frying burgers
- Classic burger
- Smash burgers – a thin burger, smashed on a hot grill or pan cooked until the edges are crispy
- Skillet burger or stovetop burgers
- Restaurant-style burgers – choose the right beef, keep cold meat until ready to cook and salt the patty after it’s formed.
- Patty Melts – patty with melted cheese and caramelized onions on top
Top 7 best frying pans for burgers
- Cast iron skillet – Lodge 10.25 Inch Cast Iron Pre-Seasoned Skillet – Signature Teardrop Handle – Use in the Oven, on the Stove, on the Grill, or Over a Campfire, Black
7. Best nonstick pan with a grill grate – Nonstick Grill Pan for Stove Tops, Versatile Griddle Pan with Pour Spouts, Square Grill Pan for Big Cooking Surface, Durable Grill Skillet for Indoor & Outdoor Grilling
Best seasonings for pan fried burgers (all these are personal preferences)
- Black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- smoked paprika
- brown sugar
- cayenne pepper
How to prepare the hamburger buns
My kids love their hamburger buns toasted. The easiest way to brown your hamburger buns is to add them face down into the pan sauces and brown. There are different methods to browning your hamburger buns.
Another great way is to spread some butter onto the under side of each bun. Take a large skillet and place it over medium high heat. Once, the skillet is hot place the hamburger buns butter side down and toast in the skillet until the buns are brown.
These buttery toasted buns will taste just like a burger from your favorite restaurant!
What sides go with burgers?
- deep fry cut up potatoes
- frozen french fries, tater tots
- onion rings
- potato chips
- baked beans
- cole slaw
- pasta salad
- potato salad
- mac and cheese
What toppings go on burgers?
- caramelized onions
- bbq sauce
- buffalo sauce
- thousand island dressing
- ranch dressing
The good news is that your search of the best hamburger is over. No need to run to a restaurant or fast food place, just go to the grocery store and purchase some meat, buns and toppings and you can have the perfect burger at home!
Try some of our recipes!
Try some of our other recipes!
- Baked Crunchy Hot Honey Chicken Sandwich with Sweet Chili Mayo
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls with Cilantro Lime Ranch
- Easy Garlic Bread Casserole
- The Easiest Chicken Pot Pies
- Easy Dorito Chicken Casserole
- Savory Brown Sugar Meatloaf
Plus, dessert recipes!!
- Red Velvet Poke Cake
- Butterfinger Caramel Cake
- Granny Eppler’s Peach Cobbler
- S’more Cookies
- Orange Dream Cookies
- Strawberry Delight Cheesecake