Can life get any better than with a Fried food that is also Keto friendly? I would say not. This Keto Fried Okra Fritters recipe will have you begging for more PLEASE!
During the Summer we always have tons of okra to pick from our garden. So, cooking fried okra a couple times a week is normal for us. But, I was wanting to try something a little different. That is when this recipe came about.
It was a hit, because the kids were begging for more within a couple of days. One of the kids wanted me to add sugar to the batter, so that the fritters would taste like corn fritters. Which isn’t a bad idea for this Keto recipe. My favorite keto sweetener is Pyure.
Here are a few pics of my kids working in our garden. I believe that it’ll help them to understand that food not only comes from the grocery store.
Every year my family plants a garden which begins in February, because the first veggie that we plant are onions.
It is so rewarding to plant a seed or a plant and watch it grow into a plant that produces vegetables. These are vegetables that we can grow at home with no chemicals, plus no shopping at the local supermarket which is a big extra benefit.
Growing your vegetables or fruit takes your time, work and a little patience, but the rewards are huge.
Follow us on Social Media!
PIN this recipe to save for later!
Here are my children planting onions
Besides the benefits of growing your own food, a garden as many other benefits:
- family time
- Sunshine (plenty of Vit. D)
- less screen time for the family
- a sense of accomplishment
- getting in the dirt and getting dirty which kids love to do
- fresh air
- teaching your children about life sustanability
- exercise and plenty of it
- science lessons (for homeschoolers)
- therapy, gardening is therapy for our mental health that most people do not realize. So, it can reduce anxiety and stress levels (or it has for me 🙂 ) Especially, for little Gabe, lol
Keto Fried Okra Fritter Ingredients
- almond flour
- almond milk
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- oil for frying
- onion (optional)
- parmesan cheese or shredded cheese (optional)
- Keto sweetener like Pyure (optional)
Directions: (scroll down for a printable version)
- Gather your ingredients
2. Dice up the okra and onions (optional) and place into a large bowl.
3. In another bowl, add the almond milk and egg and combine.
4. Combine the almond flour, salt and black pepper, and garlic powder and optional Keto sweetener. Pour mixture over the veggies.
5. Pour the egg/milk mixture over the veggies. Combine together with a spoon. Add optional cheese.
6. Place skillet over medium heat and heat up the vegetable oil. Then, take a tablespoon and spoon into hot grease. The fritters will brown within 1 or 2 minutes and then turn them over to brown the other side. They brown very quickly so do not leave them unattended.
7. After the other side has browned, place the fritters onto paper towels.
Yield: 20 fritters
- 2 cups chopped okra
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup oil for frying *your choice
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese or 1 cup of shredded cheese (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (optional)
- 2 tbsp Keto sweetener (optional)
- Dice up okra and optional onion
- Combine almond flour, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder ( add optional sweetener)
- In a separate bowl combine eggs and almond milk
- Pour milk mixture and almond flour mixture over the okra and combine well
- Add optional cheese if desired
- Heat oil in a medium frying pan
- Drop batter into oil with a tablespoon
- After a minute or two turn fritter over to brown the other side.
Try Some of our other keto DinnerRecipes:
Keto Dessert Recipes:
Delicious Keto Fudge Chocolate Cake