Before I talk about Starbucks white chocolate mocha and mocha drinks, let’s talk about mocha drinks in general. Coffee and chocolate drinks have become very popular over the past few years. “Starbucks white chocolate mocha vs mocha”
My local coffee shops and big chain coffee houses have been popping up everywhere.
I know that the town close to where I live has more than I can count, so there is no shortage of places to buy white chocolate mocha or mocha coffee drinks. However, instead of going to that favorite local coffee shop you can make these drinks at home. And, the only difference is the price and convenience.
So, What is a Mocha Drink?
Mocha is short for a mocha latte or caffe mocha. Per wikipedia a Mocha drink is a caffe mocha, also called mochaccino, is a chocolate flavored warm beverage that is a variant of a caffe latte, commonly served in a glass rather than a mug.
Other commonly used spellings are mochaccino and also mochachino. The basis is a shot of espresso combined with a chocolate powder or syrup then followed by milk or cream.
What are the main ingredients in a mocha drink? “Starbucks white chocolate mocha vs mocha”
- Milk – sweet cream, coconut milk, almond milk, soy milk, oat milk or whole milk
What is in a white chocolate mocha drink? “Starbucks white chocolate mocha vs mocha”
- white chocolate syrup or a white chocolate bar
- steamed milk
- espresso shot or espresso shots
- little milk foam or sweetened whipped cream
Are there optional Ingredients in a mocha drink?
- Chocolate flavor syrup, milk chocolate, dark chocolate syrup or any type of chocolate
- white chocolate syrup or white chocolate sauce
- white chocolate mocha sauce
- Chantilly cream
- whipped cream
- White mocha sauce
- Iced version or iced mocha
- Caramel sauce
- Peppermint syrup
- Strawberry sauce
- shots of espresso
- cocoa powder
- vanilla syrup
- Cinnamon or pump of cinnamon
- chocolate shavings
- sweet milk
- cocoa butter – which has a cocoa flavor and aroma
What kind of drink is a mocha? A Starbucks mocha drinks are any drink that is chocolate and coffee together. I just don’t see how you can go wrong with adding chocolate to any drink, lol. There’s nothing better than a sweet drink and a double chocolate chip cookie.
What are the ingredients in mocha drinks? Chocolate, milk and espresso. If you don’t have an espresso machine, then you can use an espresso syrup or a coffee concentrate or cold coffee brew.
What is the mocha in a white chocolate mocha? The white mocha tastes is like a white chocolate candy bar, but better. It has white chocolate syrup, milk and espresso. And, the main differences between a white chocolate mocha and a hot chocolate is the espresso, i.e. coffee beans.
So, if you leave out the espresso, then you have a white hot chocolate drink.
Does Starbucks white mocha have dairy? Starbucks thick creamy sauces like white mocha have dairy, however mocha does not have dairy.
How many calories in a pump of white mocha at Starbucks? Starbucks 1 Pump White Mocha Syrup (1 pump) contains 11g total carbs, 11g net carbs, 2g fat, 1g protein, and 60 calories.
Does Starbucks white chocolate mocha have high fructose corn syrup? The main ingredients in the white mocha sauce are sugar, sweetened condensed milk, high fructose corn syrup, cocoa butter and coconut oil.
How do I order a healthy white mocha from Starbucks? To order a healthy Starbucks TALL white mocha ask for nonfat milk, one pump of white chocolate syrup and no whipped cream.
How do I order a Keto white mocha from Starbucks? Starbucks does not have a sugar free white mocha, so you can make this drink low carb and low calorie, but not keto. Ask for almond milk and whipped cream to lower the carb and calorie intake.
What makes a white mocha skinny? To make this drink skinny you simply ask for nonfat milk and no whipping cream.
Can I make white chocolate mocha drinks or iced white mocha drinks at home? Yes, you can make these drinks at home! Purchase your favorite syrups and a coffee concentrate at your local stores.
Then, pour over ice cubes for an iced coffee or blend for a frappe.
Most of these drinks do not require any special equipment, like a steam wand or Moka pot. And, these are a coffee beverage called espresso-based drinks and the ingredients (extra toppings) are a personal preference, so there is no right or wrong way.
Is mocha just coffee and hot chocolate? Mocha is more like a blend of a cappuccino and a hot chocolate. A cappuccino is espresso, warm milk and a frothy top, but with chocolate added to it either by skinny mocha syrup, chocolate chips, mocha drizzle, chocolate curls, java chips, pumps of regular mocha sauce.
What are the best mocha drinks?
- Mocha cookie crumble frappuccino – What is in a mocha cookie crumble? Ice, milk, coffee frappuccino syrup, whipped cream, coffee, mocha sauce, frappuccino chips, and cookie crumbles.
- Java Chip frappuccino – What is in a java chip frappuccino? Ice, milk, coffee frappuccino syrup, whipped cream, coffee, mocha sauce and frappuccino chips.
- Peppermint Mocha, Peppermint white chocolate mocha frappuccino – What is in a peppermint mocha? Milk, peppermint syrup, mocha sauce, chocolate curls topping, and whipped cream.
- Toasted white chocolate mocha – What is in a toasted white chocolate mocha? Milk, toasted white chocolate mocha syrup, brewed espresso, whipped cream, holiday sugar sprinkles.
- Caffe mocha
- Starbucks reserve dark chocolate mocha
- Starbucks White chocolate mocha, iced white chocolate mocha – What is in a white chocolate mocha? Milk, white chocolate mocha syrup, whipped cream, espresso.
How do you customize my Starbucks mocha drinks? Can I customize my Starbucks drink?
- You can add an extra espresso shots to any size of drink
- You can make a drink “skinny” which means no sugar, non-fat milk and no whipped cream
- You can make it a decaf with decaf espresso
How can I customize my coffee drinks at Starbucks?
- Add caramel drizzle or caramel cream
- Add a white chocolate sauce
- Add white chocolate mocha sauce
- Add chocolate syrup
- Add peppermint syrup
- Add a dolce syrup
- Add a toffee nut syrup
- Add pumps of vanilla syrup
- Add pumps of mocha sauce
- Add cold foam
- Add shots of espresso
- Add bittersweet mocha sauce
So, y’all probably know more now about mocha drinks than you ever wanted to know! LOL, but whether you like a creamy drink, black coffee or just a delicious coffee drink, the best thing is there are a lot of choices to make at home or to go to your favorite coffee shop to have your delicious treat.
And, next time don’t be afraid to try new flavors of different types of coffee or coffee-based beverages!
Recipes to try with your favorite coffee drink!
If you love Starbucks Egg Bites than you are sure to love these next few recipes!