These Baked Hot Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken Fingers are so good! Ever since I made the cornflake crusted chicken fingers I have been wanting more baked chicken recipes. These 2 different chicken recipes are not only healthier than fried chicken, but they are both delicious. These Honey Mustard Pretzel Chicken Fingers are great just dipped in a sauce or added to the top of a fresh salad. Either way that you choose to serve these chicken fingers I believe that you will love them as much as I do!
What can I serve with my honey mustard pretzel chicken fingers?
- ketchup (this is my kid’s favorite dipping sauce, lol)
- gravy (Gabe’s idea! He was sitting next to me while I was typing this up. He was doing homeschool work and I asked him what to serve and he said, “Gravy!” So, he gets credit for this one, LOL, then he got wild and named off weird stuff, LOL)
- bbq sauce
- ranch dressing
- honey mustard
- hot honey sauce – warm honey and a little Frank’s Hot sauce in a small sauce pan on low heat. The honey to hot sauce ratio is really up to you, for example I will added about 1/4 cup of honey and just a couple drops of Franks hot sauce. But, if you like really spicy stuff then add more hot sauce. (really yummy!)
- sweet chili sauce (my favorite) – I buy the Panda Express brand at Wal-mart.
Here’s another version of baked chicken – Baked Crunchy Hot Honey Chicken Sandwich with sweet chili mayo
Side Dishes for chicken fingers:
- buttermilk biscuits
- mac and cheese
- pasta salad (my kids LOVE Ranch bacon pasta salad and it has to be the name brand, lol, we don’t buy a lot of name brand stuff, but I do on past salad and LOL, Pork n Beans, sorry but NO SHOWBOAT BEANS for me, LOL! That’s an off brand!)
- Van Camp Pork n beans
- fresh garden salad
- baked potato
- mashed potatoes
- french fries
- sweet potato fries (these are my favorite, I like to bake them in the oven and get them REALLY brown with a little olive oil and salt)
- fried okra or corn nuggets
- cole slaw
- potato chips
What are chicken fingers?
Chicken fingers are an American staple. They are strips of chicken that has been breaded and then they are usually fried in oil. But, chicken fingers can also be baked in the oven or cooked in an air fryer.
Are chicken fingers the same as chicken tenders?
Technically chicken fingers and chicken tenders are not the same thing. I have always thought that chicken fingers, chicken tenders and chicken strips were all the same, but they come from different parts of the chicken. Who knew?
Why are they called chicken fingers?
They are called chicken fingers, because you can eat them with your fingers. You don’t need a fork or any silverware, you just need your fingers. They are the original finger foods! LOL
How do I make baked hot honey mustard pretzel chicken fingers?
- Cut up chicken breasts – you can cut the chicken up in strips or small popcorn chicken sizes
- Dip into a wet mixture, usually it’s egg, but this recipe it is a honey mustard sauce
- There are a couple different ways to cook this chicken fingers
- Bake in the oven
- Deep fry in oil
- Air fry in an air fryer
How do you get breading to stick to chicken fingers?
The wet mixture that you dip the chicken into allows the breading to stick. If your breading falls off just dip again into the wet mixture then the dry again.
What do I need to make baked honey mustard pretzel chicken fingers? (Scroll down for full printable recipe)
- bag of pretzels
- dip for breading: dijon mustard, honey and yogurt
- Hot honey sauce is to drizzle after the chicken fingers are done, you will need honey and Frank’s hot sauce.
For my pretzel breading, I used my Ninja mini blender to pulverize my pretzels. And, my Ninja did a great job at pulverizing up my pretzels into a breading.
What kind of pretzels do I need for my honey mustard pretzel chicken fingers?
Any kind of pretzel will work, these are the ones that I had on hand, because my kids like the pretzel sticks, but any type will work.
In a small bowl, I added my Dijon mustard, honey and yogurt. And, blended with a whisk until it was combined. Also, I added a little black pepper, but that is optional.
I cut my chicken up into strips and some I cut up into popcorn chicken sizes.
I added a sheet of parchment paper to a baking sheet and baked until the internal temperature of the chicken was 165 degrees.
These are the small popcorn chicken pieces that I had cut up.
I added my chicken to a salad and then drizzled Panda’s sweet chili sauce over the top.
We’d love to see your recipes! If you make these chicken fingers or a different recipe from our blog, be sure to tag us @thelazyKkitchen on social media so we can see your awesome creations!
How to make chicken fingers from breasts.
You just need to take a chicken breasts and slice it into small strips.
How do you make crispy chicken tenders?
The key to crispy chicken tenders if usually to fry them in oil, BUT you can have baked crispy chicken tenders. They will need a batter to be crispy, sometimes I will even double dip my baked chicken tenders, but with this pretzel batter you will not need to double dip. The pretzels will give you enough crunch.
- 2 lbs chicken breasts
- 16 oz bag of pretzels
- 1/2 cup dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- dash of black pepper (optional)
Hot Honey Sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp hot sauce
- Preheat oven 425 degrees
- Pulverize pretzels in a food processor or Ninja
- Place crushed pretzels in a bowl and set aside
- To a small bowl add the dijon mustard, yogurt and honey. Mix well with a whisk or fork
- Add a sheet of parchment paper to a baking sheet
- Cut up chicken breasts into strips
- Take 1 chicken strip at a time and dip in the wet mixture
- Then dip it into the crushed pretzels
- Place chicken onto the baking sheet
- Each chicken strip should be at least 1-2 inches apart
- Once done battering all the chicken, bake for approximately 15 minutes or until internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees
Hot Honey Sauce
- Place a small saucepan over low heat
- Add honey and hot sauce to pan
- Take a wooden spoon and mix well
- This will take only a few seconds to warm
- Once your chicken fingers are finished baking drizzle your hot honey sauce over your chicken.
Try some of our other recipes!
- Super easy 4 ingredient chicken and dumplings
- Baked Crunchy Hot Honey Chicken Sandwich with Sweet Chili Mayo
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls with Cilantro Lime Ranch
- Easy Garlic Bread Casserole
- The Easiest Chicken Pot Pies
- Easy Dorito Chicken Casserole
- Savory Brown Sugar Meatloaf