These little Santa Hat Bugels are so adorable! This is a Christmas candy that the kids will love to make every year at Christmastime. This recipe is very simple to follow and the kids will be able to easily make these cute treats with no trouble at all.
My family has been making these Santa Hat Bugels for years. What wonderful memories that we have made and are continuing to make each year. My kids will always remember making these little Santa Hats and eating them as quickly as we made them. Here is Gabriel and he was helping me in the kitchen.
Sometimes, we will use red/green M&M’s, but we’ve also made these with the regular colored M&M’s. Usually, it will depend on what I can find at the supermarket.
I love to work with almond bark, but chocolate chips would work perfectly too. Almond bark comes in vanilla and chocolate flavors. And, it easily melts in the microwave. I find that a glass bowl helps keep the bark melted, because the glass bowl stays warm for a while as you dip the bugels.
Items Needed for Santa Hat Bugels
- Almond bark
- red and green M&M’s
Usually, I buy my almond bark at Aldi Supermarket. It is a litter cheaper, but Wal-mart always has it in stock too. Melting Chocolate chips is definitely a great option and the choices of flavored chips are endless. I have always made my Santa Hat Bugels with the bark and I guess how of habit I haven’t tried the chocolate chips very often. So, it is a personal preference of whether you use almond bark or chocolate chips, but either one will work great.
Items needed to make Santa Hat Bugels
- microwavable glass bowl
- cookie sheet
- wax paper or aluminum foil
First Step (Scroll down for printable recipe)
Gather items need to make the Santa Hat Bugels: Bugels, M&M’s, almond bark, wax paper, glass bowl and a spatula or spoon
Place 1/2 the almond bark into a microwaveable bowl and heat 30 seconds at a time. Stirring with a spatula every 30 seconds. Continue until almond bark is completely melted.
- Dip the wide end of each bugel into the almond bark
- Shake off the excess almond bark
- Place the bugel onto the wax paper
- Place an M&M onto the end of the bugel and be sure the M&M is touching the melted almond bark or it will not stick
- Once the almond bark is dry the M&M will stay on the bugel
- Sometimes the end of the bugel is closed and will not be wide enough for the M&M to fit inside. So, just dip the wide end in the almond bark and set a M&M on top.
- After the almond bark sets out for a while it may become hard to dip, so try microwaving it for 30 seconds.
- Make these for different events or parties – just change the M&M colors to match your event.
- These little desserts make excellent gifts for any occasion. Place a few into a treat bag with a cute ribbon and you are set.
- These bugels also freeze great, so if you make too many just place them into a freezer bag and into the freezer.
- 14.5 oz bag of Bugels
- 2 - 24oz packages of Almond bark (vanilla)
- 62 oz M&M's
- Place 1/2 of one package of almond bark into a microwavable glass bowl
- Microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until completely melted. If while dipping the almond bark becomes thick then microwave again for a few seconds
- Dip the wide end of 1 bugel, shake off the excess and place on wax paper
- Place a M&M onto the almond bark and allow the almond bark to dry.
Try Our Other Dessert Recipes
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- Granny Eppler’s Peach Cobbler
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter S’more Bars
Perfect Candy or Dessert For Your Next Party or Event: Just change the candies to match your event.
- New Year’s Day or New Year’s Eve
- Valentine’s Day for your sweetheart
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Thanksgiving’s Day
- Wedding Showers
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers
- Anniversary parties
- Graduation parties
- Kid’s birthday parties
- Birthday parties