Oh my, these Chocolate Spoons are so cute! My family has a food truck and one year around Fall season we were selling hot cocoa and hot coffee. The customers loved this idea of the chocolate spoons for their coffee or hot cocoa.
Plus, there are so many ways that the spoons can be decorated. These Fall sprinkles can be changed to Christmas sprinkles or for any holiday. Maybe, sprinkle with your favorite color or team sports color. Also, different chocolates can be used to dip the spoons in. Nowadays the supermarkets are carrying tons of flavored chocolates. So, get creative and make some yummy Chocolate Spoons!
Chocolate Spoons Ingredients
- chocolate chips
- plastic spoons
- mini marshmallows (optional if needed for gift bags)
- treat bags (optional if making gift bags)
Step One (scroll down for printable recipe)
Place chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl. Then, heat and stir in 30 seconds intervals until chocolate chips are melted.
Take plastic spoon and dip into the melted chocolate. Another spoon or spatula maybe needed to help coat the plastic spoon.
After dipping a spoon in the chocolate place the spoon onto a cookie sheet. Be sure to line the cookie sheet with wax paper.
Add sprinkles to each chocolate covered spoon
Once the cookie sheet is full, place it into the freezer for at least 15 – 20 minutes or until the chocolate is set.
- These chocolate spoons can be dipped with different chips. For example: white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, chocolate mint chips, dark chocolate chips.
- Choose your favorite colored sprinkles, for example: Christmas colors, Valentine colors or 4th of July colors.
- Drizzle white chocolate over the chocolate.
- Before the chocolate dries add crushed peppermint or cinnamon candies
- Before the chocolate dries add crush cookies or candies
- Before dipping these spoons into chocolate add a little peanut butter onto the spoon, then dip the spoon into the chocolate.
- Store spoons in the refrigerator or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Great gift idea, just place into a treat bag and add a cute ribbon
- Great treat at your next Holiday party or event
Optional Dipping Idea!
This recipe calls for chocolate chips which work perfectly, but I also LOVE to use Almond bark. Now, I have only found almond bark in milk chocolate and white chocolate, but it is a great replacement for the chocolate chips.
Gift Bag Idea!
- Add one spoon to a treat bag
- Add a few mini marshmallows to each bag
- Twist and tie each bag
- Now, they are ready to be stirred into hot chocolate or coffee!
- 6 oz milk chocolate chips
- 12 plastic spoons
- Place chocolate chips into a microwavable bowl
- Heat chocolate for 30 second intervals, stirring until chocolate is completely melted.
- Take a spoon and dip into chocolate while using another spoon or spatula to help coat the chocolate onto the plastic spoon.
- Place dipped spoon onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper
- Finish dipping remaining spoons
- Sprinkle each spoon with sprinkles
- Place cookie sheet into the freezer or refrigerator to set the chocolate. Approximately 15-20 minutes
Perfect Treat For Your Next Party or Event:
- New Year’s Day or New Year’s Eve
- Valentine’s Day for your sweetheart
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Thanksgiving’s Day
- Wedding Showers
- Baby Showers
- Bridal Showers
- Anniversary parties
- Graduation parties
- Kid’s birthday parties
- Birthday parties
Try Some of Our Other Desserts
- Lemon Bars
- Butterfinger Cake
- Cranberry White Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies
- Granny Eppler’s Peach Cobbler
- Snickerdoodle Cookie Bars
- Peanut Butter S’more Bars
If you make these S’more Cookies, be sure to share it with us on Instagram @thelazykkitchen. We’d love to see your finished desserts!