During the Fall I love recipes with pumpkin spice, but I need the recipes to be keto and low carb, so I decided to create a muffin recipe with a cream cheese frosting. These Keto Pumpkin Spice muffins could almost just be called cupcakes, because they are more like a dessert than a muffin.
They are great anytime, either for dessert or for breakfast with a cup of coffee! This recipe could not be any easier, I throw all the ingredients in 1 bowl, mix, spoon into muffin tins and bake.
The frosting recipe is also pretty easy and can be piped on the muffins with a baggy or just spread the frosting on with a spatula. It depends on how much frosting you like on your muffins. Some individuals prefer little to alot of frosting.
Keto Pumpkin Spice Muffins Ingredients (scroll down for printable recipe)
- Pyure Stevia Sweetener or your choice of Granular sweetener
- canned Pumpkin
- almond flour
- coconut flour
- baking powder
- baking soda
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
The muffin recipe calls for a granular sweetener instead of sugar. I prefer a sweetener called Pyure, which is a Stevia blend. This sweetener because it has a texture like real sugar and does not leave an aftertaste. I have heard some people comment that it has a cooling taste which I can taste a little, but I continue to prefer it over Stevia or Splenda.
Variety of Artificial Sweeteners
- Sweet & Low
I have found out thru trial and error that Keto or low carb bread can be dry or crumbly. Some recipes can have a grainy taste if only almond flour is used in the recipes. Which is great if you are wanting a cornbread consistency. I have created two different bread recipes which actually have this type of taste. Keto Garlic Cheddar Biscuits and Keto Ranch Bacon Biscuits
However, for a more bread like texture I have added coconut flour to this recipe instead of all almond flour. With a mixture of coconut flour and almond flour the taste does not have a coconut flavor. If only coconut flour was used then the bread would have that coconut flavor. But, a mixture of both flours also gives a more moist bread which is what most people are looking for in a good bread recipe.
Directions (scroll down for a printable version)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add all above ingredients into a bowl
- Mix well
- Spoon into muffin tins between 2/3rd full and full, rise is very little
- Bake approx. 15 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Frosting Ingredients & Directions (scroll down for printable version)
- cream cheese softened
- butter softened
- Swerve Confectioners
The frosting recipe calls for a different type of sweetener than the muffin recipe. In the muffin recipe I use a granular sweetener called Pyure. But, in the frosting I use a confectioners sweetener. There are many different brands of confectioners sweeteners, but I like one that is called Swerve Confectioners. I have made frostings and glazes with this sweetener and have had good results in my baking
- Blend the cream cheese and butter together with mixer
- Add vanilla and mix
- Add Confectioners and mix with spoon until combined
- Then, take mixer and mix well
- After muffins have cooled, spread frosting on top or pipe on with a baggy (cut 1 bottom corner of a baggy)
- The frosting recipe is also pretty easy and can be piped on the muffins with a baggy or just spread the frosting on with a spatula. It depends on how much frosting you like on your muffins. Some individuals prefer little to alot of frosting.
1 muffin with frosting: 144 Calories, 12.5g Fat, 1.87 Net Carbs
- These muffins freeze great. After the muffins are cool and you have added the frosting just place them on a cookie sheet and freeze. After they are frozen place the muffins in a ziploc bag or freezer bowl. To thaw the muffins place the muffins or muffin on the counter at room temperature.
- The muffins are also great without the frosting or less frosting. Instead of piping on the frosting you can take a butter knife a spread a little or a lot on top of each muffin.
- Also, any type of nuts could be added to the batter before baking. For example, pecans or walnuts would be good.
- One last tip, sugar free chocolate chips added to the batter before baking would also be delicious!
Follow us on Social Media!
PIN this recipe to save for later!
Try some of our other Keto desserts: Keto Cheesecake Chimichangas, Keto Cinnamon Rolls, Keto Blackberry cobbler, Keto Lemon Shortbread Cookies, Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies, Keto Cherry Pie Cupcakes, Keto Chocolate Fudge Cake
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup Pyure or sweetener of your choice
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 2 Tbs baking powder
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbs pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp salt
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 8 Tbs softened butter
- 1 1/2 cup Swerve Confectioners
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Add all muffin ingredients into a bowl
- Mix well
- Spoon into muffin tins to 2/3rd full and full, these muffins rise very little
- Bake approx. 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Blend the softened cream cheese and softened butter together with a mixer
- Add vanilla and mix well
- Add Swerve confectioners and mix with a spoon until combined
- Then, take a mixer and mix well
- After muffins have cooled, spread frosting on top with a spatula or pipe on with a baggy by cutting one bottom corner of a ziploc bad.
If you make these Keto Pumpkin Spice Muffins, be sure to share it with us on Instagram @thelazykkitchen. We’d love to see your finished desserts!