$0.50 per serving (4 sopapillas = $0.13 each) for a KETO DESSERT!!! Wow! An AMAZING cheap keto dessert! Plus, this dessert takes only minutes from start to finish! PLUS, PLUS, each sopapilla is ONLY 1 NET CARB!! “Keto Cinnamon Sopapillas”
This may very well be the best Keto, Low Carb recipe that I have created. Of course, I’m partial to this dessert in particular probably because it is my latest creation. This Keto Cinnamon Sopapillas recipe may be one of the easiest Keto, Low carb recipes to make.
The easiest part of this recipe is the tortillas. In the past, I have made a variety of Keto doughs and rolled them out and fought with them to create a thin bread. But, since I have found these low carb tortillas they have saved my diet.
Most of the time I do not have time to make Keto doughs or Keto biscuits, but I have found a variety of different brands that sell Low Carb tortillas. Some as low as 2 net carbs per tortillas and with a low calorie number too, those individuals who are Strict Keto probably won’t use these tortillas, but the filling in this recipe could be put inside a Keto dough. Which would be just as delicious.
What sweetener is Keto?
For this recipe I have chosen a granular Pyure sweetener, but you can use any brand of sweeteners that you like. This is one of my favorites, but any granular sweetener will work in this recipe.
Another idea for these sopapillas is to add strawberries or sugar free chocolate to the top of the tortilla, then add whipped topping.
Price Breakdown for a Single Serve Dessert!
This dessert is fairly cheap to make. Because it’s single serve then I can get 8 servings (4 sopapillas per serving) from one package of low carb tortillas. I’ve broken down the price to see what you all think.
$4 low carb flour tortilla
Barely a sprinkle of Pyure or a sweetener and cinnamon that you probably already have on hand.
*********$0.50 per serving (for 4 sopapillas) – Not bad for a keto dessert.**********
*********$0.13 per sopapillas*********
Keto Cinnamon Sopapilla Ingredients
- Keto tortillas or low carb tortillas
- Pyure sweetener or any sugar alternative
- Oil to fry up the sopapillas
- Cut each tortilla into 4 large triangles.
- The flour tortillas will puff up, do not stick a fork in them. Let them puff up.
- The flour tortillas take only seconds to brown, so watch until one side browns and flip over.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar substitute over the tortillas while they are warm.
What is the Ketogenic Diet?
The ketogenic diet focuses on high fat, low carb foods like eggs, meats, dairy, and low carb vegetables. Also, it consists of food that are sugar free and gluten free.
A lot of individuals believe it is just a lot of protein, like a lot of bacon, but it is more than just eating a lot of bacon.
It is limiting carb consumption to around 20 to 50 grams per day and filling up on fats, such as meat, fish, eggs, nuts, and healthy oils.
“Keto Cinnamon Sopapillas”
Keto Q & A
What dessert can you eat on Keto? Any dessert that is sugar free, for example: Keto Cinnamon Cheesecake Chimichangas
Can I eat sugar free dessert on Keto? Yes, but try to choose a sugar free dessert that is made with the sweetener Stevia.
Do keto desserts spike blood sugar? Desserts that are truly Keto desserts should not spike your blood sugar.
What desserts can you eat on low carb? Any sugar free desserts, for example: Keto Chocolate Fudge Cake
Can you eat Cool Whip on keto? No, Cool whip is not Keto friendly. There is a sugar free Cool Whip for those who are on a low calorie diet.
What is sweet and has no carbs? Keto Peanut Butter Fat Bombs
What cookie has the least amount of carbs? Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
What candy has the least amount of carbs? Keto Peanut Butter Balls
Is there a keto chocolate? Yes, Lily’s makes a variety of keto chocolates, here’s a delicious recipe: Keto Chocolate Caramel Pecan Clusters
How do you satisfy chocolate cravings on keto? There are many Keto dessert recipes: Keto Chocolate Pecan Bark
- 1 keto or low carb tortilla
- 1 tsp Pyure or any granular sugar substitute
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- oil to fry sopapilla
- Take a pizza cutter and cut the tortilla into 4 triangles
- Heat oil in a small pan
- When the oil is hot place one triangle in at a time.
- The tortilla will puff up and brown, then flip over and brown on the opposite side.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar mixture over the warm tortilla
Each sopapilla triangle is only 1 net carb
What Meat can I eat on the Keto diet? Low Carb – Meat, Poultry & Eggs
What fish can I eat on the Keto diet? Low Carb – Fish and Shellfish
- Salmon (wild)
What cheese can I eat on the Keto diet? Low Carb – Cheese and Dairy
- Bleu cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Cream cheese
- Goat cheese
- Greek yogurt (plain)
- Mozzarella (whole milk)
What fruit can you have on Keto? What fruits are Keto? Low Carb Fruit
What vegetables can I eat on the Keto diet? What vegetables are Keto? Low Carb – Vegetables & Net Carb Count
- Asparagus: 1g
- Spinach: 2g
- Swiss Chard: 2g
- Celery: 2g
- Lettuce: 2g
- Avocado (technically a fruit): 2g
- Cabbage: 3g
- Green Olives: 3g
- Cucumber: 3g
- Cauliflower: 3g
- Zucchini: 3g
- Tomato: 3g
- Green Pepper: 3g
- Red Pepper: 4g
- Broccoli: 4g
- Brussels Sprouts: 5g
- Green Beans: 5g
What oil can I have on the Keto diet? Low Carb Oils and Healthy Fats
- Avocado oil
- Coconut butter
- Coconut oil
- Mayonnaise (with no added sugar)
- MCT oil
- Olive oil
- Safflower oil
- Sesame oil
- Walnut oil
Are nuts keto? Low Carb – Nuts and Seeds
- Brazil nuts
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Macadamia nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
What foods do I need to avoid on the Keto diet?
- Grains, biscuits, rolls, tortillas, pancakes, or waffles
- Starchy vegetables, i.e. corn, potatoes, yams, or sweet peas
- high sugar fruit: oranges, apples, watermelons, cantaloupe, grapes, or pineapples
- Sweetened yogurt.
- Juices, i.e. orange juice, grape juice, pineapple juice, or apple juice
- Honey, syrup or sugar in any form, maple syrup, or pancake syrup
- Chips, crackers, or cereals.
- Baked goods including gluten-free baked goods, cakes, cookies, or donuts.
- White rice, brown rice, or pasta
“Keto Cinnamon Sopapillas”
Try some of our other Keto desserts!
- Easy Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- No bake Keto Peanut butter Pie Cupcakes
- Keto Chocolate Caramel Pecan Clusters