This recipe is a take off of the classic Cinnamon Roll, but a whole lot easier and quicker to make! Cinnamon Twist or as everyone around my house calls them – Monkey Twists, are a super easy and quick recipe that only takes minutes to make and is sure to please the whole family. Did I mention that you only need 4 basic ingredients, which you probably already have on hand – can biscuits, butter, sugar and cinnamon. WOW! I know! That’s all it takes!
I remember eating these a lot for breakfast when I was younger. I always really liked them, but I do have a sweet tooth anyway, lol. We always referred to them as Monkey Twists. I’m not for sure where that name came from, but that’s what my mom always called them.
We typically always ate them for breakfast, but they would even make a great dessert or late night snack (did I mention that they take less than 20 minutes to whip up?)
PIN this recipe to Pinterest to save for later!
LIKE us on Facebook to never miss any recipes!
Monkey Twist Ingredients –
If you have 4 simple ingredients, then you can make these cinnamon twists!
- Can of biscuits (10 count)
Does it get much simpler than that?!
You take the biscuits and roll them out with a rolling pin. If you don’t have a rolling pin you could always use a glass. I don’t think my mom would even roll them out, I think she just pinched them and flattened them.
I roll mine out. I mean the bigger I can get them, the more sugar and cinnamon I can get on them, right?!
You can then mix the sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl.
In a separate bowl, melt the butter
Now, all you do is take a biscuit, dip it into the butter. Then coat it in the sugar and cinnamon mixture.
Twist and place on a greased baking sheet.
Remove them from the pan as soon as you take them out of the oven.
We Love a Can of Biscuits!
Here’s another quick, quick meal with a can of biscuits – Quick & Easy Mini Pizzas!! The crust is canned biscuits. Easy, right??? You can buy a can biscuits, jar of pizza sauce, shredded cheese and pepperoni, so ALMOST no cooking, except to just bake the pizza in the oven. It doesn’t get much easier than that! Take a biscuit and roll it out. Then, spread a little pizza sauce on the biscuit, add pepperonis and shredded cheese. Bake in the oven and you have a quick little lunch for the kiddos! Choose any of your favorite pizza toppings to add to these little biscuits.
- 1 can Biscuits (10 count)
- 4 Tbsp Butter (Melted)
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 1 Tbsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- With a rolling pin or glass cup, flatten biscuits and set aside
- In a small bowl, mix sugar and cinnamon.
- Melt butter
- Take a biscuit and dip it into the butter, then into the sugar mixture being sure to completely coat the biscuit
- Twist the biscuit and place it on a greased sheet pan
- Bake for approx. 12 minutes.
- Remove from the pan immediatly
Serving Size:1 twist
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 122Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 72mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 1g
Try some of our other recipes!
- The Easiest Chicken Pot Pies
- Chicken Mac & Cheese Casserole
- Super Easy 2 Ingredient Spanish Rice
- Ground Beef and Bean Enchiladas
- Easy Dorito Chicken Casserole
- Savory Brown Sugar Meatloaf
- Caprese Stuffed Chicken Breasts
- Creamy Mozzarella & Tomato Pasta with Italian Chicken
- Ginger & Pineapple Chicken