This past weekend I was making some Buffalo chicken egg rolls with cilantro lime ranch sauce. It was a Saturday and Gerald was off work and all the kids were waiting on lunch, LOL. If you don’t know anything about blogging is that it takes a lot of time and taking pictures is involved. So, I had baked some chicken breasts and had a lot of meal ideas going on in my head (which is normal for me, lol). Which was Keto Buffalo Chicken Street Tacos with Cilantro Lime Ranch.
I took some baked chicken I seasoned it with the ingredients that you’ll see on down in this post. But, I took that chicken at made egg rolls with some of it.
I had some extra seasoned chicken breast and I had purchased some of these Mission Zero Net Carbs tortillas for a different recipe. While everyone was gobbling down my Buffalo Chicken egg rolls I came up with this recipe and IT IS DELICIOUS! Actually, Gerald, who isn’t really on anything keto, took one of these tacos and added some Mexican Street Corn to his tacos.
I know corn isn’t keto, but it was really good. I had made the Mexican street corn to go with the egg rolls, because my kiddos LOVE my Mexican street corn. My first thought was buffalo chicken and Mexican street corn don’t go together, but my kids thought that it was great! LOL
Can I eat street tacos on Keto?
YES, today there are so many low carb tortillas or keto tortillas. You just need to replace your regular tortillas for a ketogenic tortilla.
Are street tacos high in carbs?
Well, this depends on what kind of tortillas that you are making your street tacos with.
How many carbs in a street taco?
If you choose a zero net carb tortillas then the answer is zero.
Are corn tortillas OK on keto?
No, corn tortillas have too many carbohydrates.
Are tortillas OK for keto?
No, regular tortillas have too many carbohydrates.
Be sure to REPLACE the egg roll wrappers with the Zero Net Carbs tortillas! (I forgot to take a pic, LOL, the kids were too excited to eat!)
Please excuse the picture, LOL. I was working on the Buffalo chicken egg roll recipe and I came up with this recipe in the middle of it all and KIDS, lol. So, don’t freak out when you see the picture with the egg roll wrapper. JUST REPLACE those with these MISSION ZERO NET CARB TORTILLAS. I know a lot of people won’t read this and will see this pic and go keto police on me, LOL. But, it was’t worth not blogging this recipe, because of one picture. 🙂
What Is In Keto Buffalo Chicken Street Tacos With Cilantro Lime Ranch?
- chicken breasts
- sour cream
- buffalo sauce
- green onions
- dill weed seasoning
- garlic powder
- shredded cheese
- Mission Zero Net Carb tortillas
- Cotija cheese or queso fresco cheese (crumbled)
Cilantro Lime Ranch Sauce
- sour cream
- chili powder
- lime juice
How Do I Make Keto Buffalo Chicken Street Tacos with Cilantro Lime Ranch? Scroll down for full printable recipe
Step 1 – The first step is to cook the chicken breasts and shred it. You can cook your chicken breasts in many different ways. I love to bake or grill my chicken breasts, then after it has cooled I will shred the chicken with my hands. Either baking or grilling is an easy way to cook your chicken breast. If it’s a nice day outside I’ll grill mine, but if it’s not then I’ll bake my chicken in the oven at 350 degrees until the internal temperature is 165.
- Grill Chicken
- Bake Chicken
- Cook chicken in a crockpot
- Buy a Rotisserie chicken from the supermarket
Step 2 – Prepare Buffalo Chicken
- Add shredded chicken breast to a bowl and add sour cream, buffalo sauce, green onions (optional), dill weed, garlic powder and salt.
Step 3 – Make the Cilantro Lime Ranch dressing
- Take a medium size bowl
- Add sour cream, mayo, garlic powder, chili powder, salt, lime juice and cilantro
- Mix well and set aside
Step 4 – Take your Mission zero net carbs tortilla and add the shredded chicken breast, cilantro lime ranch dressing and cheese. I chose a queso fresco cheese from Aldi that I crumbled on top of my street taco, plus I added some pico de gallo (optional)
- Add the cilantro lime ranch to your tacos or use it as a dipping sauce
- Before preparing the tacos you can microwave your tortillas or not. I didn’t cook mine and they were delicious. The tortillas could be heated up in a microwave or fried in a skillet with a little oil.
- Leave off the buffalo sauce and add taco seasonings or taco sauce
- Choose a different cheese
- Leave out the pico de gallo
- 1 lb or 2 big cooked chicken breasts
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup buffalo sauce
- 3 stalks green onions
- 1 tsp dill weed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
Cilantro Lime Ranch
- 2 Tbsp sour cream
- 2 Tbsp mayo
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 of a package of Cotija cheese or queso fresco cheese (crumbled on top of tacos)
- Place cooked, shredded chicken breast into a medium size bowl
- Add sour cream, buffalo sauce, green onions, dill weed, garlic powder and salt to bowl
- Mix well
- Spoon chicken mixture into tortillas
- Add cilantro lime ranch sauce to tacos or use sauce as a dip
- Crumble cheese on top of tacos.