Who would think that you could eat Cheeseburger Sliders on the Ketogenic diet? Well, guess what? You can definitely have Cheeseburger Sliders on your keto or low carb diet! Just a few changes to transform these sliders into keto sliders. “Keto Cheeseburger Sliders”
What are sliders? A slider is a term for a small sandwich, made with a bun, typically 2 inches across.
What is the difference between a sandwich and a slider? A sandwich is full size and a slider is a 2 inch sandwich.
What do Americans call sliders? Typically, sliders are greasy and they slide off the grill onto your bun.
Can I eat sliders on keto? Not unless you replace the regular bread with keto bread.
Keto Slider Questions
Are sliders ketogenic? Typically, sliders are not made with keto bread.
Can I eat cheeseburgers on keto? Not unless the cheeseburgers are made with keto bread or on a lettuce wrap without any type of bread.
How many net carbs are in a keto slider? Only 1 net carb per slider.
Do keto buns have carbs? Yes, some keto buns or keto bread will have from 1 net carb up to 4 net carbs per slice.
How many carbs in a bunless cheeseburger? Only 1 net carb.
How many carbs are in a lettuce wrapped cheeseburger? Less than 1 net carb.
How many carbs in a keto burger? The amount of carbs in a ket burger will depend on how many net carbs are in the keto bread or keto bun.
Are lettuce wrapped burgers healthier? Yes, lettuce wraps are a healthier version of any sandwich or burger.
What Ingredients do I need to make Keto Cheeseburger Sliders? (Scroll down for printable version of recipe)
- Keto friendly dinner rolls – 12 rolls
- Ground beef – 2 lbs
- Slices of cheese – 15-18 slices of any type of cheese: American cheese, Pepper jack cheese, etc…
- Keto Garlic butter – find recipe here
- Optional veggies; avocados, lettuce, tomatoes, or onions
How do I change my recipe to a keto friendly recipe? Keto Recipe Tips
- Replace regular bread with Keto bread, keto buns or keto tortillas
- Replace regular sugar with sugar substitutes
- Replace any recipe items with sugar free alternatives
What Meats can I eat on the Keto diet? What Low Carb Meats, Poultry & Eggs?
How do I make Keto, Low Carb Sliders? (Scroll down for printable version of recipe)
- Gather ingredients and supplies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Supplies: 9×12 inch pan and a bread knife
4. Take the ground beef and make 12 small patties
5. Brown hamburger patties in skillet and set aside. Optional salt, black pepper or any other seasonings that you would like to add to the ground beef.
Here is my sweet husband, helping me make these sliders! 🙂
6. Take the rolls and using a bread knife cut them in half
7. Spray the pan with oil
8. Place the bottom of the rolls into the bottom of the pan
9. Optional: cheese can be added under and over meat.
10. Add a hamburger patty on each roll
11. Place slices of cheese over the meat
12. Add the top rolls to the cheeseburger sliders
13. Brush Keto garlic butter onto the top of each slider
14. Bake until cheese is completely melted.
What type of fish can I eat on the Keto diet? What kind of Low Carb Fish and Shellfish can I eat?
- Salmon (wild)
What type of cheeses can I eat on the Keto diet? What kind of Low Carb Cheese and Dairy can I eat?
- Bleu cheese
- Cheddar cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Cream cheese
- Goat cheese
- Greek yogurt (plain)
- Mozzarella (whole milk)
What fruits can you have on Keto? What fruits are Keto? Low Carb Fruits
- 12 keto dinner rolls
- 2 lbs of ground beef
- 15-18 slices of cheese
- garlic butter
1. Preheat oven 350 degrees
2. Take the ground beef and make 12 small patties
3. Brown hamburger patties in skillet and set aside. Optional salt, black pepper or any other seasonings that you would like to add to the ground beef.
4. Spray 9x12 pan with oil
5. Cut dinner rolls in half
6. Place bottom of rolls into the pan
7. Add slices of cheese
8. Add patties
9. Add more slices of cheese
10. Add tops of rolls to the sliders
11. Brush the tops with garlic butter
12. Bake until cheese is completely melted
What kind of vegetables can I eat on the Keto diet? What vegetables are Keto? Low Carb – Vegetables & Net Carb Count
- Asparagus: 1g
- Spinach: 2g
- Swiss Chard: 2g
- Celery: 2g
- Lettuce: 2g
- Avocado (technically a fruit): 2g
- Cabbage: 3g
- Green Olives: 3g
- Cucumber: 3g
- Cauliflower: 3g
- Zucchini: 3g
- Tomato: 3g
- Green Pepper: 3g
- Red Pepper: 4g
- Broccoli: 4g
- Brussels Sprouts: 5g
- Green Beans: 5g
What oils can I have on the Keto diet? Low Carb Oils and Healthy Fats
- Avocado oil
- Coconut butter
- Coconut oil
- Mayonnaise (with no added sugar)
- MCT oil
- Olive oil
- Safflower oil
- Sesame oil
- Walnut oil
What nuts are keto? What nuts are Low Carb – Nuts and Seeds?
- Brazil nuts
- Chia seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Macadamia nuts
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Sesame seeds
What kind of foods do I need to avoid on the Keto diet?
- Grains, biscuits, rolls, tortillas, pancakes, or waffles
- Starchy vegetables, i.e. corn, potatoes, yams, or sweet peas
- high sugar fruit: oranges, apples, watermelons, cantaloupe, grapes, or pineapples
- Sweetened yogurt.
- Juices, i.e. orange juice, grape juice, pineapple juice, or apple juice
- Honey, syrup or sugar in any form, maple syrup, or pancake syrup
- Chips, crackers, or cereals.
- Baked goods including gluten-free baked goods, cakes, cookies, or donuts.
- White rice, brown rice, or pasta
Try some of our other Keto desserts!
- Easy Keto Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Cinnamon Rolls
- No bake Keto Peanut butter Pie Cupcakes
- Keto Chocolate Caramel Pecan Clusters